Tuesday, December 10, 2019

Merry Blogmas Day 10: Dear Santa Have I been a good girl this year?

Dear Santa,
I'm writing to you because I don't think I've been on my best behavior this year. I think you'd probably know better than I would. Right Saint Nick?

I've mentioned on the 8th how I believed in you as a metaphor and not an actual person. I wish I could embody your amazing attitude more. I want to be able to help others, even if it is giving them some more empowering words. I've tried to write a few blog posts about some of my favorite quotes, just to push people along, I tried to let people know they're all amazing as they are. But I don't feel like I've done enough.

I only wish I could be the selfless woman my grandma was, but then I remember I shouldn't be comparing myself to the woman she was. I'm myself. I need to remember that.

Because of all of this, I haven't brought up my schooling goals for a while, but I'm at a standstill yet again. I don't know if I'm actually going for photography, or if I actually want to finally become a certified vet tech. I see both jobs as wanting to help people. I didn't want to get into photography because it made me happy. I wanted to do it because I feel the world has a voice, we all have a voice and even through pictures and memories, are all I have.

So Saint Nick? Can you tell me if I've been good or not? I really want to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment