Friday, August 30, 2019

10 Gluten-free Apple Cinnamon Recipes that look too good to pass up

When I think of reinvention, and I think about fall, I think about apple cinnamon, and when I think of about apple cinnnamon I get hungry. When I get hungry thinking about apple cinnamon recipes I get sad because all I imagine recipes and foods that I can't eat. But instead of being upset, I knew it was time to find some recipes to 


10. Apple Cinnamon Rolls from Ela Vegan
Before going gluten-free, imagined life without cinnamon rolls. But when I saw this beautiful recipe online I knew exactly what I wanted to eat. I wanted these rolls. Never once have I thought about adding apples to a cinnamon roll ever. It's a great idea.
9 vegan apple cinnamon rolls gluten-free
Ela Vegan
9. Apple Cinnamon Muffins by From my Bowl
The cripsity crunchy cinnamon topping has that smell I was talking about that fall smell. I can't even begin to imagine how great they taste in combination with an apple, inside of a muffin nonetheless. Even though the apple next to the muffin are decor in the photo, I'd be tempted to put them on top of the muffin to have more of a crispy apple on top as well.
apple cinnamon muffin on white plate with apple pieces on the side
From my Bowl
8. Apple Spice Cupcakes by Zest and Lemons
Move over pumpkin spice, apple spice is the new girl in town. I'll openly admit that I never really liked pumpkin spice, but apple spice sounds delicious, and when you put it in cupcake form. It gets your eyes popping and your mouth drooling. 
Gluten free apple spice cupcakes with cinnamon mascarpone frosting - Zest and Lemons
Lemons and Zest
7. Apple Cinnamon Granola by The Fit Cookie
Back to my mix and match days. I don't ever remember seeing apples being used a lot in making granola, and that almost saddens me. Apples are my all-time favorite fruit and they need to get more credit then they are given. Apples, can they Granola? Yes, they can!
Gluten Free Apple Cinnamon Granola: crunchy, chewy and naturally sweet. This granola is perfect for breakfast or even a snack (plus it's vegan too)! - @TheFitCookie
The Fit Cookie
6. Apple Cinnamon Coffee Cake by Flavuor and Savour 
I wish my grandpa was still alive to eat this recipe. My grandpa loved his coffee cakes. I don't think I would have loved coffee cakes if not for my grandpa. I can only imagine what he'd think if I made this recipe and let him try it. I'm almost sure that he'd love it. Not just because his granddaughter made it but because has cinnamon! 
A forkful of Gluten-Free Apple Cinnamon Coffee Cake with apples in the background
Flavuor and Savour
5.  Apple Cinnamon Waffles by Mile High Mitts
I love breakfast food, and I really love waffles, so imagine when I heard that you can make gluten-free apple cinnamon waffles. I was overjoyed! I think I hit the jackpot. No way would this list be complete without mentioning apple cinnamon waffles, ever!
Apple Cinnamon Waffles (gluten-free, refined sugar-free, made with Greek yogurt)
Mile High Mitts
4. Gluten-Free Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal Squares by My Gluten-Free Kitchen
As if gluten-free granola wasn't enough. I know my snackle box would be complete if I put apple cinnamon oatmeal squares in one of the compartments. It's better than protien bars and it's way better than thinking about something store-bought. 
Gluten free Apple Baked Oatmeal Squares
My Gluten-Free Kitchen
3 Apple Cinnamon Grain bowl by Joyful Healthy Eats
I know, I know I know, this isn't one of those Mix and Match bowls. But it is a breakfast bowl with three of my favorite things in it gluten-free oatmeal, apples, and cinnamon! The best thing though, I could mix and match my grain bowl if I really wanted to, not that I would, but it's still an open option.
overhead photo of apple cinnamon breakfast grain bowl with hands holding the bowl
Joyful Happy Eats
2. Apple Cinnamon Hand Pies by A dash of Meg Nut
When nothing is safe at McDonald's, not even the water, you start missing your McDonald's apple pies. The warm gooey goodness of the filling, the warmth of the dough, all made me happy. Now I don't even have to leave my house if I want to have an apple pie! I can make one myself, and not worry about cross-contamination.
A dash of Megnut 
1. Cinnamon-Sweet Potato Apple Bake by The Real Food Dieticians 
I haven't given side dishes any limelight during this post at all. I almost feel saddened. That's okay though! A cinnamon sweet potato apple bake is a side dish, and you won't feel bad bringing it to any family get-togethers this fall! 
Cinnamon Sweet Potato Apple Bake | healthy side dishes | apple side dishes | sweet potato side dishes | whole30 side dish | paleo side dish | grain-free side dish | gluten-free side dish || The Real Food Dietitians #whole30recipes #whole30sidedish #glutenfreesides
The Real Food RDs 

Reader's question: Are there any apple cinnamon recipes off of this list that you'd actually want to try

8 comments:

  1. Tell me about cinnamon and conquer me! It is the dessert that I love to eat and why not prepare!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The recipe looks super fun to make and I have to give it a go in this coming weekends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The recipe looks super fun to make and I have to give it a go in this coming weekends.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All of these look so delicious! I would love to try some these recipes esp the hand pies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These recipes look amazing! I love the diversity of the dishes. There is something for everyone on this list.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Every one of these recipes make me so hungry! I can't get enough apple cinnamon in my life. It's my favorite combo.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The cinnamon rolls look absolutely to die for! I've been trying to go low carb but I might take a little break for those.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We will definitely be doing a lot of apple picking soon, and these sound like great recipes to try. Thanks for sharing! It is good to have some ways to use up all those apples.

    ReplyDelete