Tuesday, August 13, 2019

Drinking more water? Tips I’ve learned


I haven't ever been someone who enjoyed drinking water. If I could skip over drinking water I would, but I know I can't. I'm not the only one who's not a huge fan of drinking water, I'm almost sure of it. That's why I had to find out ways to consume the right amount of water a day so that my body has what it needs. 

1. Know beforehand how much water consumption you need a day. The doctor told me to drink half my body weight in ounces to be sure I am drinking the right amount of water. Half of one twenty is 60 and 60 which is about 3.5 bottles of water a day. Which isn’t as much water as I thought I should be drinking. I always imagine a table of water, that I”m forced to drink.

2. Freeze your water: I like my water frozen, and taking a sip as it thaws. I’m not drinking my water extra quickly, but I’m able to get through the water in a timely matter which is really nice. I’m always reminding myself that I dislike warm water, and it keeps me going.

3. Find other activities to pair with drinking water: If you like playing a video game or reading, this is a great time to drink water. While your mind is on what you’re doing, you’re still drinking water. I’ll even skip over the idea that the water isn’t frozen if I’m sidetracked doing something else.

4. Try different bottles: Walmart, Dollar Tree, and almost everywhere has cups, water bottles. They don’t need to be on sale, they just have to be able to speak to you. Well not exactly talk to you, but they need to remind you that drinking water I cool.
black ceramic mug on wooden surface
5. Find a tracker app: If all of the above helps but you need an extra push they have apps online and websites that can help you track how much water you’ve drunk in the day. To see it written down may actually help.

6. Don’t feel bad if you fall off the horse: If you fall under your goal. It’s fine, it happens, don’t fret, don’t worry. Just get back on the horse you fell off of and go back to drinking water the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment