Monday, May 4, 2020

Blog Post Challenge Day 1: A Poem by yours truly

Day 1 Blog Post Challenge: Write a blog post using the word help

It’s day one of my 30 day writing prompt challenge. I’m ready to push my self to the limits, and because I want to push myself to the limits during the writing workshop, while working on my other activities that I’ve wanted to do, I chose to start writing poems again. Writing poetry again, was out of my comfort zone, and it almost made me want to pull away from the challenge, but I actually went through with it. 


Calling

This isn’t a game
There’s no reset reset,
And there’s nobody to blame,
But there’s tons of regret


The rain keeps falling,
And there’s no end in site
Do you hear me calling?
Calling into the future that’s dark as night

I know it can’t rain all the time,
But the waters up to my knees
And I think I’m losing my mind
Who do I believe?

Empty streets and blank faces
We’re all looking for some help
in some of the strangest places
as we blindly hold our hands out


The rain keeps falling
I think I’m losing my mind
Do you hear me calling?



The poem I wrote was inspired by the photo above and my feelings about the Novel Corona Virus. It helped me relax my mind, just for a little while. When I was writing the poem and as it was relaxing me, I realized that maybe getting back into poetry is something that I need to do, we all need something to get us through tough times, and this is one of those times.



No comments:

Post a Comment