Thursday, July 4, 2019

Happy Summer Reading: My Tag for Summer Books

Happy 4th of July and Happy Summer

It's summertime and because I promised all free books this summer and I have my list down, I'm just trying to polish up the books I plan on reading, but until then here's a Summer Book Tag! The lady who's a video I got the tag from, her name was Jen also, so you know it makes it even more exciting to use a tag from someone who is also named Jen.
196549
1. What three books do you want to read this summer? 

2. Which character most embodies the traits of summer?
When I think of summer I think of someone who's free-spirited and ready to take on the world. Summer, especially when you're younger is you against the world right? Time to understand why things happen the way that they do. Curiosity makes summer the way that it is for me. I don't care if someone says differently. My choice of summer traits would be Kaitlin Burke from Secrets of My Holywood life. While the book is talking about her going to a public school rather than have a tutor, she's taking on life the way that I want to take on school, with an open mind. 

3. What book do you most associate with the physicality of summer?
As long as I've been alive there's been two books that remind me of summer. Both are children's books but they bring me back to summer every single time I think of them. The first book is Just Grandma and Me by Mercer Meyer. From the second he dropped the hot dogs in the sand to the time he got tired on the way back from the beach reminded me of how it felt when I was younger and how I enjoyed summer
The second book is Barney's Sandcastle, written by Stephanie Calmenson. Barney is a young raccoon, at least I think he's a raccoon, on an adventure at the beach, he's finding all of the perfect things he needs to build his sandcastle. I always wanted to build a sandcastle as amazing as Barney's, but I never got lucky. I had to go home before it was built, or I was missing all some of the cool pieces
4. What kind of books do you like to read on holiday? 
When it comes to reading books during vacations, I don't have a 'kind of book' that I like to read or even a choice of books, whatever book I read is up to me. I've never been one to be picky and choosy when it comes to books anyway. Why be choosy? 

5. Any books that hold memories to certain places?
Nope, not really. I don't have any books other than the ones I mentioned above to have strong memories of summer. I had my mom reading to me almost every night in the summer though. I'm sure my mom misses reading to me. 

6. If you could you go on holiday with any author, who would you go with and where? What would you want to know?
Hm, that's a tough choice, but I think I'd probably pick a children's author like Mercer Mayer, or Eric Carle, those two people are who I grew up on. I'd really love to learn what makes them tick, and how they go about writing their books. The place? Um wherever they're more comfortable to write at. 

7. What's your book of the year so far?
The Girl He Used to Know by Tracy Gravis Graves. It's been one of my favorite's this year because never once have I been able to relate to a character. Never once have a read a book about someone who's on the autistic spectrum ever. The Girl He Used to know was that book that made feel less alone. Less like I was some kind of weirdo. I could actually imagine what it was like to be a chracter Annika was written perfectly.

8. How did you spend your summer holidays as a child? What are your plans this summer?
When I was a kid, I was the bookworm, it was between reading books, going to the beach and playing outside. What I really loved was when my mom would sign me up for some of those summer reading clubs through the book orders they had when I was a kid and I'd get a cluster of books every month to read. I'd read, read, read until I couldn't read anymore. It's another reason why I want to read books this summer as I've stated on my bucket list. I want to be that kid again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment