Friday, July 19, 2019

It's time to Let Go of the past. 5 of my favorite ways to let go

I asked a question on my ask.fm, intended for today's top 5. I needed some deep thinking my question was:

"Because we're humans there are times when things in the past stay within our mind for way too long. What are some of your favorite tips for letting go of the past?"


I think we all go through those moments where it feels like we've been kicked in the gut in the past and then we relive that kick in the gut for what feels like forever. I loved hearing people's responses when it came to a question like that one, but because I'm still new to ask.fm and I don't feel that this question is my favorite starting point I'll only talk about my top 5 ways for letting go of the past. Just remember that no matter how you let go of the past is fine. Holding on to the past isn't fine.


5. Writing: I love to write, it's where the past can rewrite itself in a sense. Where some of my writiing is mirroring how I feel, most of the time it doesn't. When I write I escape the world that I have written on Libre, office it helps me let go.

4. Music: It's been debated if I can sing or not. I find that one song or band that gets my feelings. Right now it's Lzzy Hale and Device's version of if I close my eyes forever. It reminds me things won't stay the same if believe it or not. It's the way I escape my past.

3. Playing children's games: Games like Zap Zap Math, or Reading Kingdom, help me let go of my past by going back to times where things were easier. One of my other favorite games are Papa's Games from Flipline. I get to put together sushi, chicken, hamburgers, ice cream and tons of fun stuff. It stops my tough moments from the past in their tracks, and has me imagine I'm having some kind of job cooking for some colorful characters.

2. Being one with nature: Remember my bucket list? It's why I walk barefooted, and I did the last few days. If the weather was cooler I'd watch the stars outside, but for right now I can see them from my bedroom with hope's it'll cool down. I want to walk to the park, and enjoy the heat. Just not when it's 110 outside.

1. Blogging: Blogging helps me let go by helping other people let go. Helping other people let go is great, and sometimes starting a new blog like the one I'm going to be starting soon is going to to help me forget about the past with music! 

No comments:

Post a Comment