Thursday, August 1, 2019

8 Tips to help you Coupon and Save money


Learning to extreme coupon has been a dream, I remember when I was younger and my mom would save a little bit of money couponing, with I taking notice that these little pieces of paper could save me money and help my money stretch further. Little would I know years down the road and the power of the internet, that I'd learn how to extreme coupon and learn to save money?

Couldn't I have a normal bucket list item? Couponing and finding hidden gems at Walmart doesn't sound like something someone should have, "Dreams about," but in all honesty, more people should dream about saving money, and feel the thrill of seeing your total at the grocery store to drop. 



1. Remeber Super Unsexy's shopping secret and combine with Brickseek: These two things are revolutionary when it comes to shopping at Walmart. The Walmart app and Brickseek should actually be friends.

For those curious Brickseek is a website that you enter a Walmart UPC or SKU to find out how much a product is at Walmart. Just be warned that the Brickseek website may say that your item is out of stock for your store when it isn't. Go to the store and look anyway,  it may actually deceive you.

I just saw where people were actually spending $1 on SheaMoisturizer and was curious if my store had the same product on sale. The good news was, that the product I was looking for was on clearance, the bad news is that it was only 28% off! But with a little bit of research and learning how to use Brickseek and finding groups on Facebook that are couponing groups will everything really easy.
Check your local Inventory

2. Coupon Websites are your friend: The Krazy Coupon Lady has been my goto coupons for years. A couponista is a term, right? On her site, you're given a list of stores and the way she breaks down the couponing. And shows you the deals and when to stock up. As you can see from the Walmart ad for this week. The 9 can/pyramid emblem means that you should probably stock up a 9 month supply of an item for your stockpile, there are also items with zero cans, 3 cans, and 6 cans. It's good to pay attention to. Most people know how often they go through an item so it should be fairly easy to find out how many coupons to use. 

3. Use apps and websites to earn money for your coupons: I love micro job sites like Spare 5, poll and survey sites like Paid View PointsTell Wat, and Inbox Dollars to make a little bit of pocket change which can be used to order coupons or save for a hidden clearance and Brickseek shopping trip. Today I made $4! Whoo! 

4. Use Klip2Save often: Klip2Save is a site that offers your pre-clipped coupons. It's only a dollar total for shipping, no matter how many coupons that you've bought at the time. The coupons for the item above are sold out but are only 20¢a piece, if I went to buy 20 coupons for $3 with shipping. In the end, it's worth it, I've seen coupon sites offer you 11 inserts for $20, but if you're not using most of the inserts the $20 is actually a waste. $20 at Klip2Save will save you in the long run. 

5. Find a coupon buddy: A coupon buddy is exactly as it sounds. They don't need to be your friend, but there are people online who have mastered the art of couponing to a "T", I suggest someone local because prices may vary from store to store. Keep on eye on what your buddy is doing and saving. And help them if you can. I have a coupon buddy on my Facebook just recently that I've watched save, money and I took notes from.

6. Invest in a way to save coupons that's easy for you: If you want to keep tons of coupons together at once, there's many of ways to do so, some people like the binder and baseball card method, some people like the typical coupon binder method. It doesn't really what you chose just make sure it's an easy method for you.

7. Stay clear of Facebook garage sale groups: I don't know how many times that I've seen people buying stuff from someone's stockpile for a little under retail when I know very well that most of the items have been from couponing. It's okay to save money, and I get it, people need to make money too, but if you're wanting to coupon AND save money. Do shopping yourself! It'll save you the money in the long run.

8. Don't give up: This shouldn't even be a tip, but I made sure to include it. If you don't save the amount you were hoping for on a trip, that's okay, if you at least saved money, you're headed in the right direction. 


No comments:

Post a Comment