Saturday, August 31, 2019

Educational Sites for adults

I always talk about educating our children and talk about games so they can learn, but it leaves people wondering "What about us adults aren't their sites for us? Are there educational sites built to help adults learn?" There's more than just these five I talked about weeks ago. The answer is yes! There are actually many sites for adults to learn, some free college courses, and games. If you're bored on a Saturday night, or any night, and want to get your learning on or push your brain to new limits there are sites for you. I did exclude games like logic puzzles and games like that because to me while they may push your brain you can find stuff like that anywhere.


Adult games

GCF Global

Read Theory: Read Theory is great for all ages, even children. It helps with reading comprehension and everything is free. I actually love using Read Theory if I'm having a day where my reading comprehension could be a bit better. It helps me refocus my mind. 

GCF Global:  Form learning how to read the nutritional information on food to learning how to read a subway map or even learn how to read a schedule. GCF has you covered. You don't need to be embarrassed if you haven't learned how to do something or need some refreshing. 

Code Spark: It's no surprise I'm back on a child's site learning how to code, for someone who didn't know how to code before. I'm in love with the way it teaches me how to code, without being overly scary about it. 

Dave Conservatoire: A place to learn about music, for everyone who wants to learn about music. There are tons to learn on this site, I have yet to break the ice, and had almost forgotten I had it bookmarked so that I could learn about music a bit more. So here I am learning again about music

Online Courses

Open Yale Courses: Ever want to study at Yale? Now you can! Yale offers some free online courses and open access to anyone who wants to learn.

Saylor: Another place to learn at. Right now I'm learning pre-college, English to refresh myself. I should have taken this course years ago, and I have yet. 

Ed Ex: You don't get bounced from site to site with Ed Ex, Ed Ex is its own learning platform. Most of the courses are short and sweet, and only take an hour a day (or less) to complete. 

Stanford, You're taken to many sites from Stanford, but most of the sites you are sent to our free and there are no hidden fees to learn something new. It does take a bit of searching to find out what course you may want to learn or take. But they have so many options 



Brain Games


Mind Gamer: Play a series of 3 brain activities every day to help with cognitive flexibility, working memory, spatial reasoning, visual analysis and much more.

Free brain games: This site is limited to the brain games it has and does get repetitive day after day, but it does help with stretching your brain. 

Mind Games:  Mind games, just have random games. You don't have any daily goals to meet. You can play what you want to, the only downfall is there's no way to track your progress.

Neuro Nation: Neuronation is both paid and free. The free aspect is just as beneficial as the paid version. The main difference between paid and free versions is that the free doesn't customize and help you focus on your weak points. If you want to pay for the site it's $14.00 for 3 months. 

Luminosity: Luminosity is one of best-known brain sites, it was advertised all the time a few years ago. It's why I tried searching for free brain games. I wasn't willing to pay for Luminosity. If you want to pay the free version, they have only a handful of games and don't track your progress. 




No comments:

Post a Comment