Friday, August 30, 2019

My favorite 5: My favorite books from PJ Library

I promise that this will  be my last blog post about books for a while, but books have been on my mind a lot lately as you can tell, I've talked about my favorite books from my childhood,I've talked about reading more than one book at a time, I talked about my favorite children's books quotes, and I've even mentioned about George! Because I love to be well cultured in this house and I get my PJ Library books a few times a month. My little library is beautiful. This week I wanted to post my top 5 books ever from them and not just books for certain major holidays.

Most of these books aren't even outrightly religious in nature, but here are my top 5? Have you read any of the books? If you haven't what books would you read to your children?

5. Welcome by Barroux
Three polar bears are in a need of a new home. They find many places that they thought they could call home, but the inhabitants weren't too nice or they said there wasn't any room. Will they always struggle to find a place called home? There's only one way to find out!
Amazon
4.I can Help by David Hyde Costello
This book is adorable, a little duckling gets lost and a monkey helps him find his way home. Then the monkey needs help after falling out of a tree, but a giraffe saves him. The book goes on and on about how everyone helps someone else. It's the way the world should be. Everyone helping one another. I Can Help teaches both children and adults that everyone needs a little bit of help.

Amazon

3.A Hen for Izzy Pippik by Aubrey Davis
Ever find a hen on the ground in a crate? Neither have I. But the girl in the book Shaina found a chicken once. It belonged to some guy named Izzy Pippik, and she's determined to make sure that the hen goes back with Izzy. There are so many warm surprises in the book and even a recipe for vegetarian chicken noodle soup in the back. Yum! Maybe one day I'll find a chicken on the ground and keep it.
A Hen for Izzy Pippik by [Davis, Aubrey]
Amazon
2. The Lion and The Bird by Marianne Dubuc
In the book the lion helps an injured bird and lets him stay all winter long. The bird leaves in the spring and the lion is sad. What happened to his bird friend? The lion is worried sick! If you haven't guessed it, this book is all about kindness and compassion, and the warmth of someone's heart.
Amazon
1. Do Unto Otters: A Book about Manners by Laurie Keller
When I think of puns, "Doing unto otters," never passed my mind, but now that I've heard the saying I'm reminded that I must remain respectful to others. Being respectful and gracious are important rules in life, not just because a Otters move next door to rabbits.
Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment