Thursday, November 8, 2018

Tag Thursday: Bookish Thanksgiving Tag


Can you believe it's already November and Thanksgiving is weeks away? The best thing about it getting cold out, is being able to stay inside cuddle with a nice warm blanket, drink hot cocoa and read! I love reading and there's so many books I've read this year alone! That's why I picked another one of Mama Kat's YouTube tags from her 100+ YouTube Tags page, but originally created by Erin and Becca.

I never once compared by books to food, ever. I'm pretty sure most people don't compare food and books together. I was hoping with this tag, I'd learn to compare things to other things differently, and to suggest new books for people to read.

Bread- What book is purely fluff, and has no real plot line?

Fluffy books, yum. The thought of bread hurts my stomach, so I try to stay clear of bread and books without plots. Plots are what makes books exciting to me. But I do have one book that I love to death that's actually nothing more than an educational reference book and it really does have no plot line. I love The Everything Reading Music Book by Mark Schonburg. This books is beautifully written, and in my opinion a fantastic book for anyone who loves music and wants to learn to read music or people who want a good refresher course. 

Turkey- What book made you want to fall asleep?

Wanting to fall asleep reading books? I hate that, and it doesn't really sound like a good book series if you're falling asleep, right? Wrong! I just recently got a trio of books that actually make me sleepy, but in a good way. The books are  Faith & Lettering Journal by Krystal Whitten, Illuminate Your Story Journal  and The Illustrated Word: An Illuminated Coloring Bible (all of which I'll have a review about on Sunday). Why I love these books and why they put me to sleep has nothing to do with religion at all, it has to do with the fact art relaxes me. Doodling to get rid of tension before bed makes me want to fall asleep. 

Gravy- What book makes the whole series worth reading?

I can't call it reading, but a book that I felt that made a whole series worth it, and worth buying is the Ebook Coloring Therapists books. I saw the art work in two of the books, and had to get the other books in the series. The artwork is so beautiful and so intricate that I had no doubt that the other books were as beautiful. They are worth every penny (even though the time I got them they were all free). But if you need a new coloring therapy book series. These are it! 

Stuffing- What book is stuffed full of action scenes?

Dream Daughter by Diane Chamberlain. I still have no reason to why this book hasn't been posted about. I just haven't done it. This book had action, it had pain and it carried me until the end. It was one of those books I couldn't help but fall in love with. I can't say that it's packed with tons of action scenes but, I can say the scenes that were action felt, were ones that had my heart pounding, and had me waiting to read more of the book. 

Mashed Potatoes- What book looked good, and then wasn’t?

Ihave to say My Russian Grandmother and Her American Vacuum, was the book that looked good, and I had high hopes for, and then it lost me. It was a sad let down, that I wished I would have known that the book wasn't as good as I hoped it would be and would have spent my time reading something better.

Cranberries- What book has the sweetest romance?

I dislike romance series. They always seem far fetched and I can't relate to characters. It's the same feeling I have about cranberries believe it or not. I've never really liked cranberries, they're too tart and I can't love them like other people love them. But because I needed to think about a book that had a sweet romance I'd again pick Dream Daughter. The love Carley had for her husband was insanely beautiful same goes for Hunter and his wife. 

Corn- What’s the corniest book you’ve read?

It's a children's book called Do onto Otters. A book about manners. It's both puny and corny. It teaches kids about manners by a play on words and funny little lines and poems. It's both a great book, even I as an adult loved it! 
The Tommyknockers

Green beans- What book is too long and needs to be shortened?

The Tommyknockers by Stephen King. Don't get me wrong, it was a great book, but a lot like Stephen King's books, it felt long and wordy. It felt like I was reading the book forever! I don't think I can ever pick up the book and read it again if my life depended on it.

Pumpkin Pie- What book do you read to get out of a reading slump?

I love reading books with short stories like Nelson Double Days The Pocket University. It has beautifully written stories and poems, and it gives me a chance to read classic literature and search classical authors. Classic stories and books are exciting to me. 

Dog/Cat- What’s your favorite Thanksgiving food that you would steal from the table?

Now that I get to actually talk about food. My favorite foods from Thanksgiving are both, hash brown casserole and green bean casserole. Both of which can be vegetarian and taste great. I've never been a main dish person ever. I loved side dishes and appetizers, and would seriously only eat appetizers. 





No comments:

Post a Comment