Monday, November 26, 2018

7 Easy DIY Christmas Ornaments to Make With Your Kids


I usually suck at coming up with ideas when it comes to holiday crafts. All my choices when it comes to crafts are the same ones that my mom and grandma taught me how to make. Homemade flour ornaments and candy cane reindeer! If you're a lot like I am, these 7 DIY crafts might help you come up with new ideas of Christmas. 

1. Pipecleaner Candy Canes
These are probably easy as crafts come. All you need is pipe cleaners and pony beads. And you don't even have to use the colors they mentioned on the site if you didn't want to when it comes to pony beads. Not all candy canes are red and white!

source
2. Popsicle Stick Ornaments
When it comes to popsicle stick ornaments, you can give your kid an option, when it comes to making their ornaments, giving them a sense of independence.
OrnamentsOnTree
source
3. Peppermint Ornaments
Want a craft that's easy and tastes good? Peppermint ornaments are really easy to make, they taste great, and they're pretty inexpensive to make! 
source
4. Melted Snowman 
Frosty melted away when the sun was hot, didn't he?  One of my favorite Christmas songs are Frosty the Snowman, but if your child is new to the song, or loves it as much as I do, this craft will be fun! 
source
5. Reindeer Frames
I was kind of wishing that there were instructions on how to make this craft. If you're crafty enough and want to attempt this one with your children, let me know! I'd love to hear how it's done.
source
6. Melted Crayon Ornaments
One of my favorite things about Christmas, when I was a kid, happened to be getting a new box of crayons and markers and coloring. Instead of tossing out your old crayons, these Crayon ornaments are a great idea! 
source
7.  Button Christmas Tree
Do you have a box of leftover buttons at your house? I remember having one for the longest time growing up. If only I knew this craft existed. I would have been really excited to try something like this.
button tree ornament-20151117-8-3
source

No comments:

Post a Comment