Thursday, November 1, 2018

Is Aloe water worth it?



Is it worth it to drink aloe water? I walk into my local stores and see it in the produce isle with all of the juices, kombucha and the fruit waters. On second thought what exactly aloe water any? The questions keep rolling don't they? From the taste to what would possess a person to want to drink aloe and water, followed by wondering if it would go great in different foods like breakfast bowls. The questions keep coming and they remind me of questions popping up all over the screen like they do on cartoons. I hope I don't confuse anyone when it comes to aloe water. 

What is aloe water?

Aloe is a plant that's native of Africa, but now is grown almost anywhere. Indoors and outdoors. Even as a child, I remember an an aloe plant on an end table in the living room of my grandparent's house. I was explained that the stuff in the aloe leaf helped heal wounds and helped with sun burn. That liquid goo in the aloe plant is aloe water. Aloe water in it's straight form is said to be bitter citrus flavor.

What are the benefits?

According Food Network, the benefits are not proven, but if you like aloe water, keep drinking it.  Depending where you look there's positive hype and negative hype about aloe water, since some people don't think it has much effectiveness. But if you want to go with what the positive hype about aloe water, some of the benefits are it helping with digestion, it clears skin, and it's known to help lower cholesterol. It's even been thought to help with weight loss, and to help with nausea. 

Can I use it in recipes?

I've actually tried this option, I used Coconut aloe water instead of milk, in my breakfast bowls! It actually was a change from using almond milk or water. It's sweet, but not that overpowering sweet, even though I added sweetened coconut, the flavor didn't overwhelm me. I'm sure it could be used in my other recipes like cookies, smoothies, milkshakes, or even your own juice cocktails.

The Bottom Line

There's no definitive proof that it's good for your health, but it's not bad for your health. It tastes good and if you want to try it on it's own or in a recipe, then feel free to drink it. I don't suggest making aloe water on your own, if you can actually buy it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment