Sunday, October 21, 2018

For the Love of Breakfast Bowls: A breakfast bowl update


Earlier this week I talked about the mix and match meals and promised that I'd make my own to prove that it was as easy as I claimed for it to be. This morning and for dinner, I did that exact thing. I actually made myself a breakfast any time bowl. Believe me the mix and match recipes that are found online really do work and they make such an amazing meal that I wished that I thought about making more of these mix and match meals in the past.


3 Tips about Making Your Mix and Match Meals   

🍎It's okay if you don't have an ingredient: If you're missing a minor ingredient, don't make a big deal over it. I forgot to buy apples and my bananas weren't ready yet. The bowl was still delicious. 
🍎Buy a couple different options: If you get bored easily when it comes to foods, mix it up a bit. for instance, instead of making a breakfast bowl with oatmeal  and coconut make it with brown rice and raisins or brown rice and coconut. 
🍎Try to find a second mix and match meal if you can: Try to get enough ingredients so that you can make a second or a third mix and match meal if you can. It doesn't always have to be the same mix and match meal idea. I have the ingredients to make a mix and match cereal bar if I really wanted to. 


How the whole process went

I was so excited to make my breakfast bowl this morning, I couldn't wait to use the ingredients I bought form the store, that I almost felt like a child at Christmas time. All I wanted to do was grab my ingredients and go to work on my project. While I love breakfast, and breakfast foods, breakfasts and I haven't been on the same page for a little while. This was an amazing.

There was nothing difficult about making the breakfast bowl. Everything seemed to have it's place, the almonds gave it a nice crunch (along with protein), the almond milk along with the syrup both gave it a bit of sweetness in fact I'd prefer it over breakfast cereal any day. I really don't know why I hadn't tried this exact recipe before!



What I used

1/2 Cup of Quaker Oatmeal
1 cup of Vanilla Almond Milk
2 tbsp of almonds
1 tbsp of raisins 
1 tsp of Maple Syrup

My ingredient list was a little bit different from what is pictured below, only because the banana wasn't ripe enough as of yet. But I did use everything else pictured. I also changed some of the ingredients from what was listed on the breakfast bowl chart such as using regular raisins instead of golden raisins and vanilla almond milk instead of unsweetened and it went absolutely great.  


What I thought about my first bowl

Breakfast and I are soon to be friends again! I think what turned me away from a good breakfast, was finding something that tasted good, and wasn't a sugary breakfast cereal. This bowl and the other bowl I plan on making tomorrow are going to be a staple at breakfast time for me. I may even venture into adding green tea to my bowl soon instead of almond milk. I do have green tea after all! 




No comments:

Post a Comment