Sunday, November 11, 2018

Illuminate Your Story with Faith and Lettering


I'm probably the least artistic person alive. I can't draw a stick figure without it looking like the stick figure died. So when I saw the cover of the Illimunate your Story Journal along with the Faith & Lettering Journal, my blood ran cold. I imagined the artwork I would make. Letters that didn't look like letters and leaves that looked like a bug was massacred on the paper. Just great! 

Little did I know once I grabbed some paper because I'm one of those weirdos that don't really like marking in books like this if I don't have to. I sat down and started drawing, little did I know, it was the most exciting thing I've done in a long time. I was able to express myself in ways I wouldn't have ever expected to express myself. 

It's kind of funny that in the end, the journals were by far the coolest thing I've seen in a long time. I guess in a roundabout way I was able to tell my story, with a bit of help. I was able to create something that looked reasonably normal. "Trust and Faith" was my first piece of artwork that didn't look like a complete and utter wreck. 

About These Journals

Wait wait, let me back up a bit. I didn't even mention what these books are. The three books are, Faith and Lettering, Illuminate Your Story Journal and Illustrated World Coloring Book. A trio of books that I mentioned in my Bookish Thanksgiving blog post. The stuffing that made me sleep because it was so relaxing.

The pages were all beautiful. They showed how to write letters, draw little doodles and everything in between for whatever you might want to do with your artwork. One suggestion was to use for other journals. But I really liked just using the books for art related projects. The only downfall about the suggestions was that there wasn't enough journal space in any of the books to really practice lettering, so even if I wanted to use the books, my choice was to use paper instead.

Recommendations

If you're looking for a way to unwind. These journals are great! The recommendation has nothing to do with religion at all, but because the journals are a way that I can express myself and become artistically absorbed into a piece of artwork that I created. I'm still getting used to doing anything artistic. When I become absorbed in something like this, it becomes a great way to unwind. We all need to find that little niche to keep us sane. If you're looking for a way to relax. These might be a great choice. I haven't seen journals like this ever! They're that unique to me. 



No comments:

Post a Comment