Friday, November 16, 2018

What You Ought to Know About Thankfulness & 5 Thing's I'm Thankful For


There are only three things in life that truly matter: A roof over my head, an amazing family and food in my belly. But you know what I realized? Thanksgiving is in 6 days and I have yet to talk about what I'm Thankful for. So instead of talking about my top 5 things that I did, or that are my favorite things of the week. I decided that it's time to talk turkey, I mean talk Thanksgiving and what I'm thankful for! 

While I'd like to thank my cellphone for being able to take photos, so that I can express myself more, it's not what's important. There's bigger things that I'm actually Thankful for. So here are some of the things that I'm thankful for, that aren't food, family and a roof over my head.




5. The advancement in medicine: You never really think that the advancement in medicine is a big deal until you take a step back and look at it. I read an article from UCLA that said the life expectancy 50 years ago was 68! Now people are living to 80! I don't have to think about being 32, and having the fear that I only have 36 more years left to live! From the medicines that we have to a better understanding of why our body does what it does, we're not dying as often as we used to.

4. Technology: Technology is nothing more than a tool. We can use a tool to fix things, but we can also use a tool to destroy things. While I look around the internet at people who are doing some really awful things, there are also things that aren't bad at all. YouTube has actually had some good educational and beneficial videos to make your day better. For instance, I wouldn't have learned how to fix my broken toilet, if it weren't for YouTube!

I don't know where  I would be without some of the people I've met on Facebook, Instagram, or even older social media sites. Big lessons or small lessons they've all taught me something valuable. 

3. Free Online Courses: I'm a fan of Massive Open Online Courses (MOOC) because I'm able to learn at home, at my own pace and not have to spend money on a course (unless I want to get a certificate of completion). I'm planning on taking a course that starts the 19th about Chronic Pain, just to get a better understanding of what's going on with myself, and how to help myself.

2.  Music: I've always loved music, all music. I'll always be thankful for music. But now that we have new neighbors below us who like to play their music until 1 or 2 in the morning. I don't mind that they listen to their music, but the music gets so loud that I can hear their music word for word. So that I can drown out some of their music I turn on my music, to drown their music out a little bit, it's not that loud at all. As I'm writing this I'm listening to  Leo Moracchioli to so somewhat drown out some of the music below. Thanks Leo for counteracting and drowning out some of my neighbor's music.


1. Indoor toilets: I couldn't imagine going outside everytime I had to go to the bathroom, especially the fact that I have a walnut-sized bladder and IBS. To imagine going out into the cold just to go to the bathroom sounds awful. 

What you should know 

You'd think it'd be easy to name 5 things that you're thankful for that isn't food, shelter and family, but it isn't. I think when we get down the bare necessities, Baloo said it best the simple things in life are what really matter. We all have things to be thankful for, it's what makes us human. But it's what you have that really matters. So what are you thankful for this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment