Friday, January 4, 2019

Favorite 5 Friday: Places to learn about new things


If someone asked me 13 years ago what my dream job was, I would have given so many different answers, I wanted to be a musician, I wanted to design web pages, and even wanted to be a vet tech, almost all at the same time. Here I am at 32, unsure what I want to do with my life, you'd think that one of my dreams would have panned out, but in all reality, we're human, it isn't always because we lose sight of our dreams, or that the dreams we had weren't worth it. It's because we're always evolving. It's because we learn that we have other strengths, or gain new interests.

Something that I love to do when I find the extra time is to find educational games online to learn and gain new a interest in things I had no clue about. I think in the long run, even if I didn't go to school for web design, music or even animals there are places I can learn about those things, and enjoy learning about them anyway. But it's the stuff that isn't animal related or tech related that's interesting. One day I was learning about human blood types and enjoyed it! It wasn't like I'd go into the medical field, but it taught me some pretty cool things.

If I had to pick out five of my favorite learning sites. It would be tough, because there's so many games or things to learn as an adult, and I feel that what works for me may not work for someone else, but that's what Google's for right?


5. Studio Code
I'm aware that Studio Code is meant for younger children so that they can learn how to code
I was learning to block sequence with BB8 & R2D2!
programs, but because I was a 90's kid, I never learned how to code a game. Learning how to make a player move or learning how to create a game is tons of fun! What I really enjoyed was the Star Wars interactive game that I had a chance to build and play! I even had a chance to share my game with people if I chose to.

With Studio Code, you're also provided with any other sites and places to learn code. It's not just one site that teaches you everything. It's so diverse that you're bound to learn something about coding if you wanted to learn!

4. GCF Global
When it comes to GCF Global, I've learned more than I thought I would have ever learned on a page claiming to teach life skills. It might be hard to believe but I just learned some valuable work skills today. Who would have thought a refresher course in searching classifieds and filling out a job application could be helpful at my age?

Number Search Mind Games
3. Duo Lingo
Need help in learning a new language? Duo Lingo is free, and it has many languages to choose from. I love how interactive Duo Lingo is, and how easy it is to use. Most of the time I don't retain much when it comes to foreign language, Dou Lingo is different.

2.Mind Games
Most people wouldn't put mind games in the same category of learning new things, but I've learned to memorize things quicker, organize things quicker, and so forth, just by playing a few brain games every day. Brain games to me are a gateway to learning something new.

1. Class Central
If you're in the mood to learn, but don't know what kind of free courses are even out there, Class central has all the information you need. It 

No comments:

Post a Comment