Thursday, January 24, 2019

Tag Thursday: Confession Time


Time to make a few confessions. I'm not really spilling tea this time around. I'm talking about something I do almost every day, blogging. It's something that people really don't get until they're writing their own blogs, nobody talks about the behind-the-scenes of blogging.

It's not just sitting behind a computer! I promise! There's more that goes into it as you'll soon read. Hopefully, you'll learn a thing or two about myself or a thing or two about blogging. 

I took this Tag from Mama Kat's Losin' It and changed it up a bit. The original tag was meant for YouTubers so I changed the questions a bit and removed one. But anyway this is what it's like in my blogging world. What makes me tick..


1. How many hours a week do you spend writing and editing?
About 10 hours, at least. That doesn't include the time I take researching my topic, and writing out the outlines. In total the time, it takes to write a blog post every day would be 3 hours on a good day. Friday's may seem like they're the longest days to write, but they're not. I usually write out my top 5 list during the week and include one item a day, so that I'm not overwhelmed. 

2. What kind of computer do you use to write with?
I have an ASUS Vivobook. I got it from QVC right before Christmas. It's a pretty solid computer and works great for blogging. It's fast and it has enough room to save the files that I need. 

3. Why do you blog?
I find it therapeutical, while I'm happy when other people read my blog, I write my blog because it allows me to focus on something other than physical pain at least for a little while. What people don't know is, when I'm creative writing my blog, letting all my feelings or thoughts fill a page, it clears my mind, having a cloudy mind and having physical pain go hand in hand and can become crazy. 

4. Who is your favorite blogger?
My all-time favorite blogger has to be Cristie (Raising Whasians), her blog is beautifully done and has so many amazing things. 

5. Do you monetize your blog?
As of right now, I don't. I don't think I'd ever monetized my blog posts. I don't feel like I want to profit out of my personal thoughts. Maybe in the future, I'll monetize my blog, but I don't see it anywhere on the horizon. 

6. What’s one thing you’re excited about in the upcoming year?
Blogwise? I can't think of anything exciting. I do hope to have some sweepstakes and giveaways in the near future. I'm not one to think about exciting things until they're in the making, I'm just one of those types of people.
7. What’s your most awkward blogging moment?
Anytime I'm blogging with Freya on my hand gets awkward. Until you have a cat sit on your hand while you're typing, it's not awkward. I always get worried that she'll press the publish button before I get done typing. 

8. What are your goals for your blog?
My biggest goal is to last a year blogging. I've tried blogging before, and either got bored or didn't like my blog anymore. Having a blog lasting year would be a great goal.It'ss only been 4 months, I have 8 more to go. But I think I can do it this time. 

9. What are your favorite types of blog posts to make?
While list posts and posts about other people's crafts are cool! I love them when other people writing them, but it's not what I like to write. I love writing blog posts that can actually help people and make them feel less like an outsider. Something like my Super Powers post, my gluten issue blog, even my self-advice to myself (The Oprah Blog). I feel if I can help someone else it's what makes my life feel better. 

10. Do you (or will you) allow your kids to be in blog photos?
I usually don't. It's just for the safety of my kids. I see a lot of parents and lifestyle bloggers that do the type of thing. 

11. Is your spouse supportive of your blog?
He's as supportive as he can be. I don't think he really understands blogging, which is fine. It's not something people understand. What he is supportive about is my writing and using my blogging as an outlet for feelings.  

12. Share one tip for someone just starting out blogging.
Don't let someone tell you how to blog. There's so many places online that mention about "what not to do" when blogging. But honestly, the only way people learn is by their own mistakes. I've read all those what not to do posts, and what to do. They never felt like they fit well. So I won't be using them as an 

No comments:

Post a Comment