Wednesday, January 16, 2019

What You’re Not Missing in Your New Years Resolution


Heads up to those trying to lose weight this year, and heads up to anyone has gluten issues. Today I was gutsier and more curious than normal. And because I wanted a gluten-free protein bar for the days that I'm not at all hungry, I picked up these bad boys. It had two of my favorite things: white chocolate and raspberry! The photo on the package made my mouth water, and it was dye free. The excitement was bottling up inside while I walked through the store to the checkout! I was sure it was going to be better than any candy bar that I've tasted.

Yes, I compared my protein bar to a candy bar when I know that they are not remotely the same thing, but at the time I wanted a candy bar, not something that would be better for me. But because I haven't been eating as much I needed something that'd give me the protein I needed. That's why I chose Quest White Chocolate Raspberry Protein Bar.
This is the bar. Doesn't remind you anything of white chocolate, does it? 


My experience

I imagined opening up the package to see something that looked like cheesecake, but what I saw wasn't cheesecake looking or did it even look like white chocolate. It was a complete letdown. You see that brownish grey hunk of food? That's exactly what I got! If I was to pick the bar up out of a lineup without smelling it first, I wouldn't even guess that this had any raspberry in it. For those like me that have a red dye allergy, it's obvious that this has no red dye in it! So that's always a plus!

Even if it didn't look as I hoped, I was hoping for the bar to taste good! What I bit into reminded me a lot of raspberry flavored playdough. I tasted the raspberry, but it didn't taste real, and it was gritty. Don't even get me started on the after taste. I'm pretty sure I was eating playdough. Never again will I buy this bar. 

My recommendations

Would it be much of a surprise to say that I don't feel comfortable recommending this protein bar? To each their own. I saw that other people actually liked this bar, and enjoyed the flavor. I'm one of those people that aren't sold on it. So if you want to try it. Feel free to see where it takes you! I'm only giving my input.

Pros and Cons


Pros:
  • Packed with protein: 20g to be exact!
  • Great meal replacement especially with the calorie content
  • Dye-free
  • Gluten-free
Cons:
  • Doesn't taste too good
  • Doesn't look appetizing
  • Isn't much different any other protein bar on the market
  • A bit expensive $7.47 per box! 

The bottom line

I've had many other protein bars in the past, and this bar is one I'll definitely remember, and it's not because it tasted great, but because I'm going to remember the flavor, and shy away from anything that's white chocolate flavored. I don't think I could handle trying another bar from Quest for a while, lesson learned. 






No comments:

Post a Comment