Wednesday, December 11, 2019

Christmas Challenge Blogmas Day 11: Oh Christmas tree where art thou?

I've been nervous to do the challenge for today.  Mainly because we don't have a tree. Most people have trees, and it was part of the challenge, after all. We don't have one, we're just not the type of people that put up Christmas trees. It might be weird to some folks that we don't really care much about putting up trees, but we never have been.

Once when my daughter was in girl scouts, a young girl felt upset that she was sure that Santa wouldn't' remember her because they didn't have money for a tree, and if you don't have a tree up you don't get presents. That stuck out to me and made me feel emotional. I remember telling her, "You could always draw a tree yourself, Santa knows what's in your heart."

We don't need a tree to show we have holiday spirit, it's just how some people are. My family is one of those. But I have essential oils, and I have a few sites that I can use which have activities where you can construct your own Christmas tree. I won't talk about what these sites are until the 14th, but there are many places where one can be creative and not have to put up a Christmas tree if they don't want to.

Christmas comes from the heart and not from a box remember that.


No comments:

Post a Comment