Sunday, December 8, 2019

It's time stop and think, "What it'd be like if Winter was all year long?"

This writing prompt was on 77 Winter Writing Prompts for Elementry Writers. I get it, I'm not in elementary school student. I don't want to be one, I just found the question as one of those interesting questions that made me think. What if winter was all year long, what would things be like. There are so many ideas zooming right and left, and up and down.

I may write this better later for something other than my blog post, so please take note that this is all a rough draft, and I'll be writing more about this topic later if I want to. I do want to practice more writing prompts when I get a chance. Giving myself something new to think about is fun, and it's interesting to see where my mind would take me. 

What would happen if it was winter all year long?

woman blowing snow on her hands
Let's start with one of the sad most obvious things that would happen. There'd be no more use for snow days like there is right now. People would get so used to the winter weather, that they would adapt. For those people who love snow days, especially the young folk, it's really going to suck knowing that we'd learn how to drive in the winter weather better.

We'd eventually have to invest in greenhouses or somewhere to grow fruits and vegetables. There'd be nowhere for some of my favorite foods to grow. Because there'd be nowhere for fruits and vegetables to grow, we'd have to import our foods, causing the price for an orange to skyrocket! We'd more than likely get scurvy and the illnesses that they had when we couldn't eat certain foods.

Having winter all year long doesn't sound too good, does it? While I'm writing out all of the things that could happen if there was winter all year long, the bad things that could happen keep piling up. Can winter even be a good thing? Or am I imagining this all wrong? I'm starting to get concerned.

At least if we had winter all year long we'd have more of a reason to want hot cocoa. I love hot cocoa, and to find a reason to drink it would be nice. Hot cocoa all the time, and it'll never be too warm for cocoa! That'd be cool! At least there is something neat bout having winter all year long.

Would we eventually get used to the weather being cold? It's the one thing can only guess would happen, but to be certain that we'd get used to the weather and there won't be as much fluctuation as I think there would be, that is leaving a huge question mark above my head, it's what's causing me to wonder. Living in a winter wonderland all year long doesn't sound like much fun does it?



No comments:

Post a Comment