Thursday, December 26, 2019

Tag Thursday: About Me You're Friendly Neighborhood Blogger

If you're new to my blog, today is Thursday, today is the day that I take a video tag somewhere on the internet and talk about it. The tags are an idea about what I'm going to be talking about during the week, and possibly in the next month. This week,I thought I'd talk about why I'm blogging and what I hope for my blog. I found this exact tag on YouTube Tags on Tumblr. I did change a few of the questions so that they're blog friendly instead of video-friendly.




1 What inspired you to start making blog posts?

The one thing that inspired me to start making blog posts is my love for writing. I wanted to have an outlet other than writing stories, and somewhere where I could just talk about things that happen in my life. A lot of my illnesses are 'invisible illnesses' and I really wanted to shed my light on that and how people like me go about life and what things are changed and so forth.

2 How long have you been on blogger, and have you had other pages?

I've been blogging for a few years now, and have had other pages, but I was new to the blog world and didn't take being a blogger seriously. So that's why I settled upon Amethyst Moon, and why it's been my 'blog baby' for the past two years. 

3 Where do you see yourself (and your blog) in 5 years?

I hope to still be blogging on this blog. I'm not leaving the platform no matter what happens. I've had a few hiccups like Facebook blocking my blog, but I've learned how to work around it. I do plan sometime in the near future to actually get my own domain for my blog, rather than just a "blogger" domain.

I also hope that I can be able to help other bloggers learn how to find their voice. It's something that I think more people would enjoy if they were given the chance to blog. If there's a way I can incorporate that into my blog as well, I am going to do it 

4 What message are you trying to get across with your blog posts?
My blog has two messages that I've been trying to get across for a while. One is a place to give me and my illnesses some visibility. I also want to be able to tell other people's stories and want to help others. 

I talked a bit about it during my Christmas challenge, but my main motive of the blog is to show people what life is like with someone with an invisible illness or invisible illnesses. It's why I talk about food, why I talk about Freya, and why I just have days where I write. I want to show people that you can do anything you set your mind to.

Another message I hope that comes across is trying to tell other people's stories and to talk about what they've been through. I feel that if we hear other people's stories we'll eventually learn stuff about ourselves and that's exactly what life is for. To learn, and to help other people learn.

5 Do people from school find your blog?

I don't go to school yet obviously, but I'm sure there are people that I used to go to school with that could have found my blog. I'm sure a few people from my Facebook know about my blog. It's not like it's a huge secret to people. I'm not the kind of person to advertise my blog like crazy, but if they ask, I'm okay with sharing my page with them.

6 What does your blog name mean?

At first, I got it from a My Little Pony name generator, but after time as went on the name means a lot more than just the name of a hypothetical Jen pony. Amethyst is a pretty purple color and both my husband and my sister's birthstone color. Amethyst as far as color energies are concerned (if you believe in that stuff) signifies a beginning and an end of something and inspires creativity. 

The moon part of my name is because of two quotes that resonated with me: "When you reach for the stars you may not quite get one, but you won't come up with a handful of mud either." by Leo Burnett and "Don’t compare your life to others. There’s no comparison between sun and moon. They shine when it’s their time!" Written by an unknown author. Both quotes remind me that like the moon and the stars we dream and we all dream on our own wavelengths there's no reason to compare yourself to others ever.

So yeah, it's not much about liking My Little Pony then it is about being a dreamer who isn't like everyone else, that wants to inspire people to begin their stories online and that it doesn't end with me. Other people can be dreamers as much as I am.

There you have it, the reason why I blog, what my blog is about and what I hope happens with my blog. It might sound crazy but these are exactly what makes me think about my life, and what I want for my blog in the next year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment