Monday, December 2, 2019

Blogmas Christmas Challenge Day 2: Kidnap the Sandy Claws

December/Christmas blogging challenge
My favorite Christmas movie is actually considered a Halloween movie. It's not your run off the mill Christmas movie, and the director has said that it's a Halloween movie, but I see it as both a Christmas and Halloween movie. No, I haven't lost my mind, but the lead character is dead and he can take off his head. He also had three people try to kidnap Sandy Claws. 

If you haven't figured it out yet, my favorite Christmas movie is The Nightmare Before Christmas, and I know it's been debated to be a Christmas movie. Because I am the rebel I am, I watch the movie both on Christmas and Halloween. 
the nightmare before christmas butterfly GIF
Why I chose The Nightmare Before Christmas as one of my favorite movies and my favorite Christmas/Halloween/all year long movie may not be fully obvious. While I joke and say it's because Jack Skellington is cute (he's adorable right?) it's actually because of the music they used for the movie. I love music and every song on the movie and on the soundtrack captivates the mood, and because I love Tim Burton and Henry Selick movies, more than I should.

I can't remember the first time I saw the movie, but it was obvious from the getgo that the movie would always have a little place in my heart. It out beat some of my other favorites as a kid. I loved Rudolph, Frosty the Snowman and the original How the Grinch Stole Christmas, but as I got older, and actually had a chance to watch The Nightmare Before Christmas, it became my new favorite. I still love Rudolph, Frosty  the Snowman, and How the Grinch Stole Christmas because they're great movies, if I was asked to choose only one of the movies to watch for a full day straight, I'd be picking my Jack and Sally. 

No comments:

Post a Comment