Wednesday, December 18, 2019

Christmas Challenge Blogmas Day 18: 6 Sounds that remind me of Christmas


Unlike smells, there are so many sounds that remind me of Christmas, there are sounds that only Christmas can produce. There are moments when you know it's Christmas when you hear certain things.

1. Christmas Music

They play Christmas music way too early, and it's bothersome, but at the same time, I know that Christmas is right around the corner, and it's time to start decorating, and time to have a little more Christmas cheer. There are many of Christmas songs, from many different genre's that there shouldn't be a hard time finding one Christmas song that someone finds enjoyable.

2. The crunching of snow under my feet

When we do get snow around here, the sound of snow, the crunch, crunch, crunch brings me back to a time when sledding, and having fun in the snow was what brought me back to Christmas. The sound of snow is much better than any of the ASMR videos that I've heard. The sound of nature can be so calming, can't it?
focus photo of round clear glass bowl

3. The Salvation Army Bells

You know it's Christmas time when you hear the ringing of the Salvation Army's bells outside of all of the stores you're shopping at. It's the one sound I associate with Christmas shopping, mainly because you can't get away from the sound no matter how hard you try to escape it.


4. Coughing

I can't get away from the sound of people coughing at the store. Coughs and colds are the gifts that keep on giving. To make matters worse, we go and visit our family and friends, despite being sick, spreading our colds to everyone around us.

black-and-pink high-top sneakers

5. The furnace kicking on


It never fails, as soon as I get comfortable the furnace kicks on, sometimes causing me to jump out of my skin. I jump easily, so there's no doubt that I'd jump every time the furnace kicks on. Multiple times a day I'm trying to calm myself down. You'd think that I'd eventually grow used to the sound, I have yet to. At least it's not as bad as the smell that the newly started furnace emits.

6. Kids running around the apartment hallway

It doesn't matter what time of day it is, there's always a kid running around in the hallway of the apartment complex that we live in. It could be seven in the morning and there are kids running around, laughing and playing. I don't mind the sound of children in the hallway, I just don't like it when it's six or seven in the morning and there's kids running around in the halls.

No comments:

Post a Comment