Thursday, December 12, 2019

Tag Thursday: Some Christmas related quizzes

Have you ever wondered what your choice in Christmas cookies says about your personality? I can't be the only one that wondered that. That's why instead of doing a weekly tag, I went to one of my favorite sites, Blog Things, to take a few Christmas themed personality tests, just so I can get to know myself better, while having you, my readers learn about yourselves as well.



You Are Self-Reliant
You like to live life on your own terms. Above all else, you value your independence.
You enjoy spending time alone and observing the world around you. You love the solitude of being alone with your thoughts.
You like the freedom to do whatever you choose. You don't plan, and you prefer to be as spontaneous as possible.
You prefer to walk alone, but you do enjoy the company of others, as long as they are happy with you being you.
My comments: If I could be alone more often, I would. I really like the time to think to myself. Being observant is what I like most about myself. There's a lot you can learn about a person by observing the world around you. 


You are Brightly Optimistic


During the holidays, you're the one who has a bit of cheer for everyone.
Even when things get hectic and chaotic, you keep on smiling.
You believe it's important to have a spirit of generosity and gratitude all the time... but especially this time of year.
You get more satisfaction from giving than receiving. You're always going out of your way to improve someone's day a little.
My comments: I never used to be the one with cheer. I don't where it came from. The same goes for being optimistic. In all reality, I think it was a good change for me. Being pessimistic, and frowning isn't going to get a person anywhere. To be happier is what makes life worthwhile. Even though I don't where it came from or how it happened, I'm grateful that it did happen.

You Are Traditional
When it comes to the holidays, you are practically an expert. You know how to flawlessly shop, wrap, gift, and decorate.
You are big on holiday traditions, and it pains you to skip any. It just doesn't feel like the holidays without a sparkling tree and cookies for Santa.
You enjoy sharing holiday fun with many people, but it's also a private time of year for you. You like quiet nights at home more than wild nights out.
This is a good time for nostalgia, reflection, friends, and family. You have a busy holiday but don't get wrapped up in the craziness.
 My comments: It's kind of ironic that I get the whole liking tradition and reflecting on reflecting. thing. It's exactly why I'm doing my Christmas Blogmas Challenge. I'm actually taking time out of the craziness to remember my past and actually think about Christmas. Sometimes we need to do something to break out of the ordinary and become more extraordinary. 

Your Christmas Stocking Will Be Filled With Coal
You haven't been *that* naughty this year
Santa is just screwing with you
My Comments: Why am I not surprised? At least with some coal, I could build a fire. It's not like I'm deserving of any presents. Thanks Santa!
You Are Green Lights
Your holidays are a time of rest and solace.
You take time to reflect on the year that's passed.
You also enjoy connecting with friends and family you've lost touch with.
The holidays are your opportunity to remember what's important in your life.
My comments: Presents mean nothing to me in all honesty. I've learned that it's not presents that I remember about Christmas, it's the memories. I can't remember things I got as a child, but I do remember reading books to my sister every Christmas morning just to pass the time. It's memories like this that you can't exchange for something else at the store. 

You Are Hanging Christmas Lights
You are a hardworking and happy person during the holidays.
It's important to you to make Christmas as big and bold as possible for your family.
The holidays may not seem like much of a vacation for you, but that's totally fine.
As long as you can bring some cheer to those around you, all the work is worth it.
My Comments: In all reality, I think its why I wasn't a fan of Christmas for a while, I worked hard and tried to make sure everyone around me is happy on Christmas. Seeing other people happy makes me happy, but at the same time, I think I felt like Christmas was nothing more than a chore. I work to make other people happy, their happiness echoes into my happiness, but because of all the hard work, it didn't feel as happy as I thought it would. This year, it's different, I'm trying to take things as they come and now worry so much, but still try to find holiday cheer. It's worked better this way.

You Are Two Turtle Doves
For you, the holidays are a time for family, friends, and most importantly, the person you love.
You like to use this time of year to express your gratitude, admiration, and affection.
Your holiday wish is more love for everyone. You believe there's too much hate in the world.
You try to be easy on people, especially during the holidays. You try your best to keep the peace.
My comments: It's exactly why I like using Santa as a metaphor. I imagine kindness, the giving nature of people, and I see Santa, I see Christmas. It's the love and the affection of others that I think makes Christmas what it is. If only the rest of the world could be more caring, things would be running smoother, even if it is just for one day. 

You Are Complete
You're one of those few people who is the total package. You are very well rounded and balanced.
You aren't prone to extremism. You always choose the middle path, and you try to keep things simple.
You are dependable and responsible. You like to be as ahead in life as possible.
You are loyal to your friends, and you never forget them around the holidays!
My Comments: I wasn't expecting the results to bring a tear to my eye. I know I like to keep things simple and go with the K.I.S.S. (keep it simple stupid), method, but thinking about all the people that I'm not going to be able to spend time with this holiday, is what bothers me. To all my friends and all my readers reading this. Thank you for being so amazing. 

After taking these quizzes, there's one huge take away that I get form them, it's that it's not Christmas itself that means the most to me, it's the people who make Christmas what it is. It's my readers who take time to comment on a post, it's family that wishes me Merry Christmas, and it's the smiles on the kids faces when they open presents. That, to me is exactly what Christmas is. 

No comments:

Post a Comment