Sunday, December 15, 2019

Christmas Challenge Blogmas Day 15: I smell Christmas

I'm laying here on my bed imagining what Christmas smells like from my point of view. I haven't thought about Christmas having a smell, maybe I haven't thought deep enough about the smell of Christmas.

Here in Michigan, and even when I lived in Indiana, there has only been a handful of times that I had a white Christmas, so imagining the cold snow smell, isn't where my mind is headed.

Does Christmas smell like cookies and caramel? In my point of view, it doesn't. It's not something that sticks out in my mind when someone has me remembering the smell of Christmas.

Please don't get me started on the shopping store Santa smelling like body odor and an old musty outfit, that was left in the attic all year long. The thought about Christmas shouldn't make anyone want to vomit right?

If I had to pick one smell that reminds me of Christmas and puts me back into the memory, it'd be pine. Even though I have a pine tree right outside of my window, the smell of a pine tree indoors is a bit different. It's like the tree adapts to being inside of a house, and takes on a new smell. Even picking up a bottle of pine essential oils doesn't smell the same. The smell of Christmas is beautiful.


No comments:

Post a Comment