Sunday, December 8, 2019

Christmas Challenge Blogmas Day 8: Who Is Santa Anyways

Do I believe in Santa? That's a loaded question I rather not answer, I don't like being put on the spot like this!

In all honesty, as an adult and even as a child we like to refer to Santa as a person, a flesh in bone human. But in all honesty, it took me until now, to sit and think about Christmas and think about Santa, in a not so literal term.

When I think of Santa the immediate thought I think about is the big fat man with a beard. But in all logicalness, I feel Santa should be a metaphor for our life and the Christmas spirit, giving, caring, and helping others, as the whole thought that Santa was in all the cultural stories.

Every day I see little things that remind me that others care for each other, it may not be enough for one or two people to notice, but in all reality, the people who interact with one another and they notice that someone else actually cares and thinks about them is enough to say that people care for one another.
Santa Claus figurine
I see people donating to animals at shelters for holidays, donating blood when they can, and are sharing warm feelings with each other. That to me, feels more like like the metaphoric meaning of Santa. That's what I believe in. So do I believe in a man dressed in red, telling little kids they should be in bed? Not at all, but it's the feeling of love, the feeling of friendship, and the caring nature of people that remind me of the "Santa like" feelings.

No comments:

Post a Comment