Sunday, December 15, 2019

Everyone needs a friend like Moose in their lives: My Review of Penguin & Moose

Do you know how to fly? I don't and neither does Penguin the penguin. I'm aware penguins are flightless, so are humans. But wanting to be able to fly has always been something I wanted to learn how to do. Like most kids, I was sure tying a blanket or a towel around my neck would cause me to have the ability to climb. The same goes with flapping my arms really really fast. That's why when I heard about the book Penguin and Moose, I knew I could relate.

Story Description (Copied from Target)


Penguin has a problem--he doesn't know how to fly. He and his friend, Moose, try everything they can think of to get him airborne: balloons, treetop starts, cocooning like a caterpillar. But no matter how hard they try, Penguin remains firmly on the ground. At the end of the day, a tired and disappointed Penguin realizes that he has something better than the ability to fly--a friend that supports and loves him no matter what. Written by best-selling author Hannah C. Hall, this series debut celebrates the power of friendship. Children are sure to fall in love with the adorable Penguin and Moose.

What I thought about This Book

I really love heartwarming stories about friendship, even as an adult, I feel that we need more books about kindness and friendship and this book has that. Moose attempts to do everything in his power to help his friend penguin. He even rolled penguin into a 'bird burrito' because penguin hoped that wrapping himself into a cacoon because his mom read him a book about butterflies being able to fly after being in a cacoon.

"A friend loves at all times" Proverbs 17:17

Moose is an amazing friend and is so nice and caring. If there was one major takeaway from this book it would be that a true friend would be there for you, trying to help you no matter what the problem may be. Everybody needs a "Moose" in their life, someone who's willing to go the extra mile for you. Even if you find out things don't work as you think they will.
Penguin & Moose - by  Hannah C Hall (Hardcover) - image 1 of 1
Target

My recommendations and suggestions

This book is great for both adults and children alike. My husband even enjoyed the book when he read it. He mentioned to me that Moose was a great moose, and it was nice to see Moose helping Penguin. So what if Penguin couldn't fly, Moose was ther for him every step of the way. If you're looking for a book to add as a stocking stuffer, or as an anytime gift for your children, you won't regret it. 

My book rating: 4.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment