Friday, December 13, 2019

Christmas Challenge Blogmas Day 13: A no makeup, no filter selfie. I'm just me

It's time for one of those rare selfie's. I used to love taking selfies, and for the past few months, I haven't been. Since my health has taken it's toll and  I haven't been feeling my best, the last thing that I've wanted to do was take a selfie. This was more of a challenge than I anticipated it to be. It's not that I'm camera shy, I'm not but when you feel like a hot mess every single day, it makes taking a picture a challenge.



This is how I look on a daily basis, no filters, no makeup, just me. I didn't want an overly edited photo, I didn't want a selfie where I was trying to look good just for the camera. I wanted me, Jen, the owner of this blog to be as I am. A lot of women are nervous about taking selfie's because their roots are showing or because they have no makeup on. It's okay to be without makeup. It's okay to be yourself. If other people don't like it, then too bad. 

I'll attempt to take more selfies more often, but this is what I have for now and hopefully, as long as I'm feeling somewhat good, I'll post more pictures. 

I won't go on rambling, all I have to say is, thank you to everyone who's been reading this challenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment