Wednesday, December 11, 2019

8 Simple tips for starting a bucket list

I never really been the type to set goals, but I was so excited to start my second bucket list and see how things went. I felt so accomplished when I saw how much I actually did when I wrote out my summer bucket list, that I couldn't wait until I could start my winter bucket list, and start thinking about a New Years' bucket list, which I need to get started. But if you're new to bucket lists, and aren't sure how to write one, here are some tips that I've personally come up with that helped me write my own.
person writing bucket list on book

1.  There are no wrong answers 

This bucket list is for you if there's something you want to do, write it on the list. It doesn't matter if someone says that what you have written down isn't bucket list-worthy. It's your list, and it's your choice to pick out what you want to do to make your life seem more filling.

2. Don't be afraid to go off course

When I did my first bucket list, I wanted to do a video blog, but instead, I ate a cookie bite in front of people. I knew what my goal was, and that was to shake off being camera shy, at least a little bit. It wasn't exactly what I originally had written on my bucket list, but going off course with my list was just as fulfilling as it would have been if I went the other route.


3.  Ask your self, who, what, when, where, and why.

If you're struggling to come up with a list, its okay. When I got stuck I imagined those questions we were asked in grade school. I actually asked my self the "5 w" questions. "Who would I want to do something thing with?" "What's something I haven't done that I want to try," "Where or places around the area that look cool?" It gives me something to work with.

4. Look at things to do in your area

When I got stuck, I looked at things that I could do in my area, or anywhere. I like finding stuff that doesn't require a lot of money. If you like one of the ideas on a list of things to do for free or things to do around your area, write it down.


5. Don't get upset if you haven't finished your bucket list on time

It can be aggravating when you don't finish your bucket list items. There were things over the summer I wished I had done, like playing with chalk. I quickly learned that it's okay that I didn't complete the tasks. I still have next year, and I still accomplished a lot.


6. Look at your bucket list often

One way to remember to get your bucket list done is to look at the list as often as you can. I just recently reacquainted myself with my winter bucket list, just to jog my mind a little bit. I almost forgot that one of the things I wanted to do was to have a Disney movie marathon.


7. Find other people who would love to complete some of your goals with you

When I thought about doing snow painting, the first person that sprung to my mind was my 12 years old. She loves being artistic and crafty, being able to spend some quality time with her completing the snow painting goal will be more fun, and it gives you more accountability.


8. Congratulate yourself on any of the steps you take

One thing I remind myself on a daily basis, which doesn't even have to be bucket list related is to remind myself that even little steps are still taking a step. Standing still, looking around won't do any good, but if I take baby steps they're still getting me somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment