Saturday, November 23, 2019

Do you have a winter bucket list yet? I want to try these 20 things this winter!

What plans do you have this winter? I loved my summer bucket list, and even though I didn't finish a lot of the bucket list, I am happy for what I accomplished. I didn't have a fall bucket list and wish I did, it's okay though, I'm going to work on a winter bucket list.

My Winter Bucket List

1. Read at least 5 books from my latest free book haul: Five books is going to be easy, but I didn't want to overwhelm myself. I don't know what books I'm going to choose yet, but I want to pick five of them to read. 

2. Make another video for my blog, and possibly go live on my Facebook page: Both of these items go together. I've always wanted to go live, but I've been nervous. I'm not going to make huge plans about what kind of video or live feed that I'm going to do, but I'd like to get out of my shell a little more.

3. Attempt my Aldi 24 hour challenge again: I didn't do my 24-hour challenge last time, but I plan on actually doing it this time. It actually takes some planning to do a challenge like this. I'm even going to make it a little tougher, I'm not going to be able to have my favorite Aldi food. I love their Gluten-Free Mac and Cheese.

4. Make a snowman: As long as we get snow again, I want this winter, I want to make a snowman. If I can't make one because there's no snow. I'm going to improvise and try making one out of clay or something. 

5. Play with clay: The last task reminded me how much I miss playing with clay. I want to buy some of the self-hardening clay and letting myself run wild. There's some tutorials on YouTube that I want to try. 

6. Focus on my music blog a bit more: I have yet to really write on my side blog, a music blog. I want to write on it a bit more and share my love for music with others. If it's going to be cold outside I could at least listen to music and talk about music!

7. Try snow painting: I never did snow painting before I'm sure the kids would enjoy it as well. Of course, if it doesn't snow I won't be doing this at all. But it does look cool. It looks pretty easy, the internet says all you need is some water and food dye.
Related image
Vietimgy
8. Try doing yoga: Doing yoga sounds like fun. I've tried it in the past, but I stopped after the first time trying. I liked it, I didn't realize how much of a workout yoga really is.

9. Do an exercise challenge: I'm going to attempt my first round soon. It's going to be a lot like those Facebook posts, you know, the "For every like I get I'll do 5 push-ups" thing, but I'm going to do it a bit differently. I'm going to have it running on my Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. The difference is that I'm choosing different exercises for each social site. I need to think out how I want to do this, and it'll be my monthly challenge. I may even extend the idea out and change it every month if I like the exercise challenge. 

10. Write a short Christmas story: I want to write a Christmas story or two, possibly geared towards children. I think it'd be a load of fun writing a Christmas story or two. My husband's uncle urged me to write children's books a few years ago, and I don't know why I haven't attempted it yet.

11. Loom knit a new scarf: I like loom kitting and have made a scarf in the past for my 11 year old, and never made one for myself yet. I plan on finding the same colors as the 4th Doctor's Scarf.
Image result for tom baker scarf
Telly Spotting
12. Go to the library: I need to go to the library more often. There's a book that I really want to pick up to read anyway. If the weather's nice enough, I can even walk to the library, it isn't that far from my apartment.

13. Find a gluten-free cookie recipe and try it out: I tried new foods over the summer, making homemade gluten-free cookies sounds like fun. I may just end up being gluten-free chocolate chip cookies, but I haven't had gluten-free chocolate chip cookies that were homemade so it'd be fun. 

14.  Have a classic Disney movie marathon: Now that we have Disney+, I saw a lot of Disney movies that I haven't seen since I was a child. It'd be nice to watch some of my favorite Disney movies from my childhood.

15. Take a couple new online courses: In conjunction with starting school, I want to do a few free online courses. As soon as I narrowed down my choices, I'll try to update everyone on what courses I'm taking this winter.

16. Make a deco mesh wreath: I've been wanting to make a wreath for some time. My grandma made wreaths when I was younger. It's a great way to keep her memory alive. The deco mesh wreaths look pretty easy to make.  

17. Go on a couple digital vacations: I'll explain more about digital vacations next week sometime, but I've been dying to go on a digital vacation for a while now. All I need is Google Maps, Pinterest and a list of cities to visit this winter. 

18. Take winter photos: I wanted to take more summer photos when summer hit, but Michigan winters are still beautiful. There are places to visit and things to take photos of, when it's not as cold out. 

19. Make gluten-free friendship bread: Back when I was younger, my mom was given the recipe to make Amish friendship bread. It's almost like a chain letter, but instead, people would give their friends the starter ingredients and they'd add to it. I found the recipe on Lynn's Kitchen Adventures, and been wondering if I could even make a starter, and pass the love of being gluten-free to other people. 
Gluten Free Amish Friendship Bread (2)
Lynns Kitchen Adventures


20. Write up my New Years Bucket List: I know, it sounds almost silly to start a New Years' bucket list, but I want to think of things I can do all year long. It's better than writing New Year's resolutions, I don't have to worry about sticking to eating better or any resolution, I just want to start a bucket list and that's it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment