Monday, November 4, 2019

The news and life style change you've been waiting for!

empty chairs in theater
I mentioned on Friday, during my post about doing my tech-free week, that I came to the conclusion that I wanted to go back to college, but I didn't put much more information than that. I felt that the news required more than just a small blurb paragraph about what I'm going back to school for and why I chose to go back for what I'm going back for.

This major is a major deal for me.
There's no doubt that I have an artistic side, and want to express myself. Self-expression should have been my middle name, instead of Elizabeth, it sounds more befitting. It's not like the days when I was no more than three or four wanting to own my own guitar and piano. This isn't even a music major. It's bigger than that,to me it's a major that can help me with blogging, it can help me express myself, and it can be a career that I find relaxing.

So Jen what's the major?
The major? Commercial Photography. Commercial photography is what caught my eye while going through my local college's website. The major almost jumped out at me when I was searching. I knew I wouldn't do good with anything actually art-based, I've tried graphic design and web design and realized that I didn't have the urge to want to design something day after day. The next best turn for me would have been photography.
I can finally learn the right way to take photos, learn the artistic side of photography, and learn how to start a portfolio. Everything I need to learn how to do that I wasn't sure of, would be part of my major. So yeah, as I've said is a major deal.

Changing the enrollment date
While I wanted to start in January, I'm thinking about holding back until the next semester. While I want to start right away, I'm trying to imagine Michigan weather, and how bad Michigan weather is. I Even if I did take the community bus, I'd be nervous about trecking the roads all the way to the college, so I'm leaning toward the fall rather than January.

What does this mean as a blogger?
Hopefully, I won't be going anywhere. I've been offline and on hiatus way too much. I want to blog as often as I can. I do hope to have a new environment, and new things on my mind will expand my topics a bit more, and possibly give me a few more guest bloggers. There's only one way to find out what's going to happen once I start.
Apple AirPods near MacBook
My advice to anyone who wants to start college later in life:
If you want to start college. Do it! You only have one life to lead, and if going back to school will make you happy, don't let anyone tell you that you can't do it. Before starting though I do believe it's good to really think about what you want to major in, and not go into enrolling blindly. You only live once.

No comments:

Post a Comment