Sunday, November 3, 2019

The Devil's Waltz Book Review: It was his turn to lead...and he had rakish charm


Book Description
Christian Montcalm was a practical man, if a destitute scoundrel, but his plan to bed and wed the delectable Miss Hetty Chipple would take care of that sticky wicket. However, there was a most intriguing obstacle to his success.

Annelise Kempton desired nothing more than to come between this despicable rogue and the fortune (and virtue) of her young charge. Certainly, Annelise understood the desperation that comes from hard times, but Montcalm would fail — she would personally see to it. All that stood in her way was a man whose rakish charm could tempt a saint to sin, or consign a confirmed spinster to sleepless nights of longing . . . to give the devil his due.

Are you one of those people that know what team you're on from square one?

If you're anything like I am. You pick up the book, get introduced to the characters, then already try to form an idea who's the good guy, and who's the bad guy and you're trying to choose what team you're on. I think we all do that to some extent as readers. It's how we are in life. On first introduction, we try to determine if someone's a good guy or a bad guy. How many times have you been proven wrong about your feelings? Once? Twice? Never? Are your gut instincts always right?

The Devil's Waltz by Anne Stuart will have you thinking about the choices you made in the beginning and in my opinion shaking your ideas of people a bit differently than you have before. I didn't expect my views to flip over faster than a bolt of lightning.

 This book is non stop excitement

The Devi's Waltz is a nonstop page-turner. I didn't heed the warning when I read about the book being a nonstop page-turner. Needless to say during my tech vacation I finished this book in three days, and felt bad that I read the whole book already. I knew the book was going to have to end sometime, but it was one of those books that you hope isn't over already. Because of the way the book shook and rattled my bones and made me think. I'm ready to find more Anne Stuart books.

Even the dedication page was great!

I don't think that it helped me much that when I read Anne's dedication page and could connect immediately with why she dedicated the book to who she dedicated it to. The book was dedicated to Gackt, a Japanese rocker. I love Japanese rock, and there's been something about Gackt that draws you to him. He's magnetic, he's charming and I know for sure he has fangirls wrapped around his finger. To dedicate a book to a musician that doesn't get as much limelight as he should bring a smile to my face, and I think it's partially the reason why I gave The Devil's Waltz a chance. I.


Romance at it's finest
If you're not into historical romance, I doubt you'd like this book. It's a romance book no doubt. I'm one of those strange folks that dislike regular romance but don't mind historical romance. When it comes to historical romance if it's written as beautifully as Anne's book, it brings me to a new place and time. It teaches me about how courting and love really were during a certain time period. This book didn't let me down when it came to historical romance. But if this is what you like I suggest checking out your local bookstore or library, to read this amazing book.

No comments:

Post a Comment