Thursday, November 14, 2019

Thanksgiving Food Tag: Gluten-Free and Vegetarian Edition

Because Mama Kat loves to tie her writing prompts into her normal everyday life and she's recently asked for people's favorite gluten-free recipes, I knew I had to find a gluten-free tag for this week that is Thanksgiving related. Since you know, she's given me plenty of options for blog posts, it's almost important to do this just for her. So Mama Kat, I love you and everything you do, from my blog to yours. 💓 The Thanksgiving YouTube Blog Tag


1. What is your favorite Thanksgiving side dish?

Cheesy, and garlic baked potatoes. As long as someone is vegetarian, and not vegan and gluten-free, all you need is a slice of cheese and a baked potato, then pop the potato in the microwave for 20 seconds, mix and that's it.

2. What is your favorite Thanksgiving dessert?

It's my favorite dessert every single day. It's my husband's peanut butter, vegan and gluten-free peanut butter cookies. 

3. What does your ideal Thanksgiving outfit look like?
I really don't have an ideal outfit. I like anything that's comfortable, even if I am around family. I think this year I'll probably wear my sugar skull leggings and a dress over them.
My latest leggings

4. What is your best Thanksgiving memory?

My best Thanksgiving memory has to be Thanksgiving, that I was pregnant with my last son, and we were out at one of the local buffets for Thanksgiving instead of making something to eat for Thanksgiving Dinner. The food was great, but the memory that sticks with me and makes me laugh is when my son, who was roughly around 18 months threw a cherry tomato off of my plate because he thought it looked like a ball. 

5. Least favorite Thanksgiving dish.

I know I'm going to get a bunch of insanity over my response, but my least favorite dish has to be cranberry sauce or anything with cranberries. I've never been a fan of cranberries, ever. 

6. Do you have any quirky Thanksgiving traditions?

I do not have anything quirky at all. Nothing that sticks out anyway. 

7. Where do you and your family usually celebrate Thanksgiving?

We all usually go to my husband's grandparent's house for Thanksgiving Dinner, if we don't decide to just have Thanksgiving dinner at home. This year I think we're doing it at home being gluten-free and vegetarian. My options are limited.

8. What do you love most about Thanksgiving?

I love spending time with family. The family togetherness warms my cold black heart, and soothes my soul. It's the memories you make during the holidays or any time of year, that last a lifetime. 
yellow flowers decor
Unsplash

9. What do you think has changed most since the first Thanksgiving?

It's the people and the way we treat Thanksgiving, at least in my opinion. Once Thanksgiving was to be Thankful for the things we had. They didn't worry about the next day being Black Friday and people becoming crazy for what they want a day later. 

10. What are you thankful for?

I'm thankful for a lot to be honest. I'm thankful that my health has stayed relatively okay for the past few weeks. I'm thankful that I have a roof over my head, food in my stomach and a family that loves me. But what I'm most thankful for is being alive every single day. Life is short, and it ends without warning.

No comments:

Post a Comment