Saturday, November 16, 2019

Review of Lady and The Tramp Remake

I jumped on the whole Disney+ bandwagon with everybody else, because I heard they finally made my all-time favorite Disney movie into live-action only for Disney Plus. Never once have I felt like a voodoo doll of feelings when it comes to the live-action version of Lady and The Tramp. There's some anger, some sadness, happy times, and then some acceptance. It's all thrown into the mess of yarn on to the floor.


Great Choice in Actors

I love how great Disney is at picking out a cast. I loved the choices they made for the voice acting. Justin Theroux did great voicing tramp, Tessa Tompson did great as Lady but who I really loved was Kelsey Clemons as Darling. Every voice seemed to fit the character. 

You could feel the energy from Tessa through the whole movie. From the excitement to the sad moments. But the moment Lady pretended to have rabies in the alley, I knew that nobody would take Tessa's place as being the new voice actors for Lady. 


Some big Details I missed

I hope to not give too much away, but there was one huge detail from the original movie that I wished that they kept in the remake was Si and Am and the, We are Siamese song. To not have it in the remake was a huge let down. I can forgive there being no actual beaver in the movie and just a statue but to take away Si and Am was tough.

The other minor detail that bothered me about the movie was Trusty referring to Ole Reliable as his nose, and not his grandpappy. Regardless, Trusty was the same old dog I loved in the original movie even if Old Reliable isn't the same thing as it was in the past.

Don't compare it to the original movie


The biggest mistake I had going into the whole game was that I wanted to compare the movie to the original version. It's easy to do, there's stuff that they added to the movie that they couldn't before, and they removed some elements from the original storyline, but to compare the movies to each other doesn't work. Modern adaptations aren't made to ruin a movie or take away the key points. The story's still there. Once you look past the movies as their own piece instead of one huge chunk, it makes the movie exactly what it is, a remake, to spawn these generations' love for Lady and the Tramp and to make new memories. 

Recommendation and my final Feelings About the movie

If you're a classic Disney, a Lady and The Tramp Fanatic like I am, or a parent wanting to make memories with your kids. This is a family-friendly classic. For a modern remake, they did a lot better than I thought that Disney would have done for this movie. 


My rating: 3.8/5

No comments:

Post a Comment