Thursday, March 14, 2019

Tag Thursday: Saint Patrick's Day Tag!

Saint Patricks Day is Sunday, and because Saint Patricks Day was a big thing in my household growing up, doing a tag to reminisce about the times when life was different. I found this Tag on YouTube Society, I did remove two questions only because they wouldn't be answerable on a blog tag. The questions I removed were about pronouncing words and guessing what they meant, they'd work well in a video, just not on my blog. 

What is your name and where are you from?
If you didn't already know my name is Jennifer (Jen) and I'm from Michigan. 

What do you call the short form of St.Patricks Day?
I don't call St. Patricks Day anything else. I've always felt weird calling St. Patricks Day, Saint Patty's Day. 
Do you Celebrate St Patricks Day and Why?
I used to, well my family used to. We did it because it was a tradition. I really don't celebrate it much anymore, mainly because I never understood pinching someone because they're not wearing green or having a special meal. I'm vegetarian and gluten-free, the only things I can eat that's Irish are potatoes and cabbage, and I eat potatoes and cabbage all the time, not just when it's St. Patricks Day. 

Are you Irish or have you any Irish Heritage?
I do have Irish Heritage, my maternal grandpa (my mom's dad), was half English and half Irish. I really don't know much about my dad's ethnic origins, so I may also have Irish on his side of the family as well. 

Have you ever gone to a St.Patricks Day parade?
I may have when I was younger. I don't ever remember going to one. We really don't have St. Patrick's Day parades were I used to live or where I live now. 

What do you wear on St.Patricks Day? 
If I want to be festive, I'll wear something green. I will paint my nails green though. I like wearing green, I just don't go overboard with it. 

Have you ever visited Ireland or plan to?
I've never visited Ireland, but I would love to. It's part of my heritage, plus I really love the Irish people trying things videos on YouTube. 

What’s your favorite St.Patricks day thing to eat?
If I could find some, I'd love some gluten-free Irish Soda Bread. It used to be one of my favorite things to eat before I went gluten-free. Because I can't eat it, I'll go with my second favorite thing to eat on St. Patrick's Day and that's colcannon/mashed potatoes with cabbage (green potatoes).

What is your favorite movie with Irish Actors?
I don't watch many movies and don't know any 'Irish movies' or any movies with tons of Irish actors. If I had to name a movie with an Irish actor it would be Charlie and the Chocolate factory with David Kelly. He seemed like he was a pretty cool Irish actor. 
Image result for Charlie and the Chocolate
IMDB
Have you ever watched or played Gaelic Football or Hurling?
I have not. 

Have you ever listened to traditional Irish Music?
I have a few times. I don't mind it.

Do you know what St Patrick got rid of in Ireland?
I didn't have a clue, so I Googled it, for those who don't know St. Patrick got rid of snakes

Do you believe in Leprechauns?
I'm on the wall about the existence of Leprechauns. I have never seen one or heard of many sitings, but I'm going to keep my mind open about the possible existence of leprechauns. I can say I don't believe in the Alabama leprechaun.

No comments:

Post a Comment