Saturday, March 9, 2019

6 of my most interesting Genomelink Results

This page includes referral links
A few years ago, I sent my saliva into Genes for Good, it's a lot like Ancestry, and 23 and Me, but free. It didn't offer all of the cool stuff that 23 and Me and Accessory gave, but it allowed me to have all of the information so that I could actually use it on a lot of the same places people with the other DNA sites could use, GED Match, CodeGen, GenomeLinkGenetic Heredity Calculator, and many other sites.

I've recently fallen in love with Genome Link for a second time. Every week they'll send me a free trait, and usually, the free traits are interesting. Who would have known that I'm more likely to have male pattern baldness or a nice beard! Not that I'll be growing one soon, but they do let me know about cool stuff like that.

But when it comes to cool results on Genome Link, stuff like male pattern baldness and beard thickness are at the bottom of my list. What's really interesting to me is stuff like if I'm more or less likely to have a peanut allergy and according to my DNA, I am less likely. That's great!

Here are 8 of the other traits that I thought were pretty interesting, some may not be as helpful as my peanut allergy trait but they are pretty interesting.

1. Openness
Openness according to both online and Genome Link is part of the "Big 5". If I'm more open I'm more creative and like to try new things. But what does my DNA say? How open am I?

According to my DNA, my DNA falls into 75% more open-minded category. Does that mean I'm more creative and want to try new things? I don't like new things as much as I try to be creative, some days are better than others!
2. Extrovertism
This one is inaccurate for sure, I'm far from extroverted, I don't like people, in fact, I rather be a loner around people. I have never been extroverted. That's why it's listed as interesting. I heard sometimes things aren't exactly as accurate as others. I guess it's good that I have the traits to be extroverted, maybe it'll pass on to my children!
3. B12 in Blood Serum
I'm not a doctor, but the thought of having low B12, since I know it's genetic already, celiacs can cause low B12 and some other things. I have to get either verified, but now I'm really curious about low B12. Another thing that effects B12 according to WebMD is GERD medications, which I've been on. Some symptoms of low B12 in blood serum are fatigue, headache, fuzzy feeling in feet and hands, and even moodiness! It almost makes me want to pay the $14.00 to find out if they say I'm more likely to have gluten intolerance. 

4. Spelling and Reading Ability
Everyone wants to know how well they can read and spell, and intermediate is right where I want to be. I never was one of those super spellers, I couldn't win a spelling bee if my life depended on it. I always try my hardest to spell words correctly. Some days I can't even spell my name, today isn't one of those!

5. Reward Dependence
Long story short, I don't do things to get a reward, I do them because I like to do them. The prize isn't what motivates me to do anything. I can actually say that this is pretty accurate. Even more so when it comes to my environment and upbringing, I was raised to enjoy what I do have, not what's at the end of the rainbow.

6. Longevity 
Obviously, I have zero clues if this is actually true. My dad passed away at a young age. So did my grandparents on my mom's side. But all of them had underlying health issues, some because of their lifestyles, and some that were out of their control. There's only one way to see if this one is right. I only hope that I live a really long life.



No comments:

Post a Comment