Friday, March 22, 2019

Favorite Friday 5: Gluten Free Alternatives to some of my favorite foods


A few days ago, I bought myself  MI-Del Chocolate Sandwich cookies. I was jonesing for cookies that reminded me of the foods and snacks that I used to love. Being gluten-free is still pretty new to me. Just because I'm gluten-free doesn't mean I have to eat something weird. I like trying to keep to familiar things.

Because I like to say to familiar things I found 5 gluten-free alternatives to some of my favorite foods. So that I can help other people who may be on the gluten-free journey and for me to prove that there are options and things aren't that bad.


1. Mug Cakes by Namaste: Never once had I ever had such an amazing cake. I actually bought this cake for my birthday in August. I wasn't totally gluten-free yet, and still unsure if it'd do any good. The mug cakes were on sale and they did look interesting. The cake was great, well almost. I say almost because well, I forgot to buy some powdered sugar, or frosting to frost my cake so it was just a mug cake with no frosting. The cake was great!





2. Schar Gluten Free Multigrain Bread: Let's talk about bread because I love bread. If I was told that there were no options when it came to gluten-free bread, I would have cried and possibly may have gone back to eating gluten and feeling bad. But because I found out that Schar has some amazing bread, my favorite being their multigrain bread, I'm a happy camper. Mainly because the peanut butter I get is certified gluten-free, my jelly is gluten-free and now so is my bread! I as an adult love peanut butter and jelly sandwiches! I don't have to get rid of the food I love!

3. Glutino Pretzels: Pretzels are my number one snack food. I love having pretzels alone or sometimes I love dipping them in peanut butter. Glutino's pretzels are the second bag of pretzels that I've tried and these are by far the better option.

4. MI-Del Chocolate Cookies: I wanted a chocolate chip sandwich cookie! A tasty yummy and sandwich cookie! Mi-Del chocolate sandwich cookies may not be an actual Oreo, but they taste just as good and don't leave my stomach bloating and hurting later on down the road.

5.Nature's Path Organic Panda Bear Puffs: Panda Puffs, Panda Puffs! Whole grain, gluten free, wheat free and they're even free from artificial colors and flavors. I'll actually give an in-depth Panda Puff cereal review later this week, to prove that they are worth it. They are worth the yum. Worth it!

Be warned, next week I have a surprise post containing more than two of these products. It's not really a new recipe, but it's totally amazing! Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment