Thursday, March 21, 2019

Tag Thursday: My Reading Habits

I've been reading a lot lately as you all can tell, I'm on my 3rd book this week alone! But what people don't know is what my reading habits are actually like. That's why I'm happy to find a reading habits tag from Dreamland Books, the original YouTube tag was taken down, and I can't tag back to the original person, but I can tag the person I got the book from.
read beauty and the beast GIF

1. Do you have a certain place at home for reading?

Nope, I read where ever I'm at in the house at the time. Some of the places I end up are the bed, the couch or the bathroom. I hate bringing my phone into the bathroom, but I really love to bring reading materials in.

2. Bookmark or random piece of paper?

Either, I use whatever's closer when I'm reading and want to stop. If I don't have a bookmark I would for sure use a piece of paper.

3. Can you just stop reading or do you have to stop after a chapter/ a certain amount of pages?

I usually stop at the end of a chapter or give myself a reading goal for the day. Most of the time I go way past my reading goal and won't stop. So if I'm getting tired, I end up finishing whatever chapter I'm on. 

4. Do you eat or drink while reading?

I do a lot of the time. I like snacking and drinking tea while reading. It's one of those things that just feel right. Tea, some pretzels and a good book. It's all I need to be happy. Escape from the world we're in to live in a world where things may be better or worse, it all depends on the book.

5. Multitasking: Music or TV while reading?

Never, I can't focus on two things at once, and half the time I hear a song or a few words on TV while I'm reading, I confuse words in the book to ones on the TV or in music. I even have a tough time reading when the hubby's playing a video game. 

6. One book at a time or several at once?

Usually, it's one at a time, but I have read two books at once in the past. I really suck at reading more than one book at a time. I end up picking a 'main book' by accident and then it becomes the only book I'm reading followed by never reading the other book.

7. Reading at home or everywhere?

Everywhere, I read at the doctor's office, I read at home, I even read in the store if I'm waiting for my husband or his grandparents to get done shopping. I don't care if people do take notice that I'm reading an actual book in public or if they judge me for reading books. It's what makes me happy, and if it's the little thing like books to make someone happy, it's a good thing right?

8. Reading out loud or silently in your head?

Silently, unless I read a paragraph or a page and I couldn't comprehend it, then I'll try reading out loud. It helps me understand the words and paragraphs better when I talk out loud. 
book read GIF

9. Do you read ahead or even skip pages?

Yes, and no. I will skip ahead sometimes when stuff gets really insane when it comes to books. I want to see if a character makes another appearance. Once I know what's going to happen, I go back and read what I skipped. Like in the last two books I read, I tried skipping to the end to see what happened to Hattie from Other Bodies and Annika from The Girl He Used to Know and to see if they're going to be okay at the end of the books, I was worried okay? It didn't work out as I hoped for it to be at all. So yeah, it doesn't always work to skip to the end and then go back and read the rest of the book. Sometimes it doesn't even tie into what you're reading.

10. Breaking the spine or keeping it like new?

I like to keep my books as nice as they are when I first get them. I hate people breaking spines, dog-earing pages and doing whatever they want to a book. It's kind of why I never wrote in my Illuminated Journals, I hate ruining books, even if it's a kind of book that I'm allowed to write in and do whatever with. 

11. Do you write in your books?
Same as the previous question, I love keeping my books as nice as the day that I got them. I really hate getting a book from Amazon, eBay or anywhere online or at a bookstore, just to find out that someone wrote on page 134. It's one of those weird moments where it's like a kick to the stomach. 

No comments:

Post a Comment