Friday, March 8, 2019

5 Reasons why I love Doctor and Veterinarian YouTubers and you might like them as well

I've followed Dr. Mike and Vet Ranch for what seems like forever now. But it wasn't until recently that I was opened to the world of YouTube doctors and YouTube veterinarians, there's more than just these amazing folks out there. Dr. Jones, aka Mama Dr. Jones, who happens to be one of my favorite doctor YouTubers out there, and the Vet Ranch.

 I also really love The Bow Tie Vet Guy as well, there are so many different people on YouTube, and really so much to learn. If I knew about these people in the past I would have gone straight for this stuff. But now that I know that they're out there and there's more than just the average every day YouTubers (I love you all too), there's actually doctors and people that can further my horizons and help me learn more. 

This is not one of my Favorite 5 videos! I have more down the line. This is just one of those bonus videos to give you something to do or watch over the weekend! 

1. It made the behind the scenes less magical: The behind the scenes at a veterinary office or a doctors office shouldn't be magical. Most of the time people who aren't in the medical or veterinary field have no clue what happens when someone's not at an appointment or stuck in an ER or whatever it may be. I understand the work and stress that a doctor is put under. 

2. Just because I don't want to go to school for medical or animal related stuff doesn't mean that I don't want to learn: For a while now I've been wanting to do a few free online courses both medical and animal related. I was a bit iffy for a while, not because there's no real outcome, other than more knowledge, but because I wasn't sure if I wanted this kind of knowledge in my knowledge bank. But after watching all these videos, I want to learn more, I want to understand why things happen the way that they do, and why my body (or Freya's body) is the way that it is.

3. I love their take on things happening right now in the world: Just recently I was watching the Bow Tie Vet Guy's video about grain-free pet food. I've seen it on the shelves in stores, and I saw it mentioned many times by groups I'm in on Facebook. To learn that as far as dogs are concerned there MAY be a link to heart disease. It does open up my eyes to what the stores are selling. 

4. They help me with my shopping list: This goes back to the last point a bit. But Mama Doctor Jones did the same thing with her 5 Things Your OBGYN wants you to know. I already suspected that the 'feminine hygiene' part of the store was selling some useless stuff my body really didn't need, but to have her clarify it, I know I don't need to spend money on something that doesn't work. 


5. It makes me realize that these people are no different than I am and we're all human: It's funny to me how people make doctors and veterinarians out to be superhumans. Super smart, super rich and super everything. I'm well aware that these folk went to school longer than I have and know more things about my health or animals. But when we remove the scrubs, their suits or whatever they like to wear and see them out and about, they're just like everyone else. They like a lot of the same things we like. 

Thank you to all the amazing doctors and veterinarians I like to watch. The last point was not a point to make you less amazing, but to let people know that you are amazing, but you're also very much human. Thank you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment