Wednesday, January 22, 2020

Welcome to the Not So Wonderful World of Migraines and Fibromyalgia


I hate these weird drop-offs as of lately. But since I promised more about about the visibility of having an invisible illness because, nobody really knows, here I am explaining where I’ve been, and in hopes of getting my life back on track both here and my music blog which is really barren right now. I’m always looking to collab on my a music blog with music bloggers or musicians by the way.

Incoming Allergies, Migraines and Fibro Flares please beware
When one illness flares the rest are soon to follow, at least that’s my story. It was a little over a month ago when I started having daily migraines again, followed by a few cluster headaches. They kept me up, sent me to the ER and had no sign of breaking. I’m someone that suffers from hemiplegic migraines, the image that I found from The Hemiplegic Migraine Foundation gives a bit of an idea of what goes on during one of my migraines symptomatically. 

Image result for hemiplegic migraine

When it wasn’t a regular migraine, I had silent migraines. Silent migraines are a lot like regular migraines except there’s no pain. The symptoms of a migraine are still there, the nausea, the dizziness, the visual disturbances, and everything that goes with my migraines.


Because the pain got so bad, I couldn’t sleep too well, and when I don’t sleep, it usually throws my body into a fibro flare. A fibro flare is fancy talk meaning the symptoms of my fibromyalgia are worse then they are normally. So coupled with my migraine, causing those symptoms, I get caught in a flare, and with my flares, I have problems with pain, tiredness, stomach pain and serious brain fog.

When my brain fog gets bad, my cognitive abilities are not there at all. I can’t form a sentence, either both on paper or verbally. I can’t structure my sentences to save the life of me and don’t even get me started about remembering what thought I had a few minutes ago. It can get that bad at times.

Let my back up for a moment, about the migraines making it hard to sleep, and then my fibro making me tired. It’s kind of a weird cycle. It’d hurt so bad, and when I was finally able to control my pain enough to sleep or between migraine cycle’s I’d get so exhausted, that all I wanted to do was sleep and it happened a once that I accidentally slept for nearly 20 hours. I don’t know how it even happened or why my husband allowed it. But it happened.

Finally, here we are at the allergies. My allergies get worse in the wintertime. When my allergies get bad I get allergy headaches, that aggravate my TMJ causing even more pain in my head. My head when all of these things cycle feels like a crate train ran it over.

Cocoa and Benadryl is my friend
The one medication that has done its job has been my go-to for both my allergies and migraines has been Benadryl. One of the common side effects with Benadryl is
drowsiness. As if I wasn’t drowsy already. Taking the Benadryl made me even more sleepy. At least I was in less pain and could hear at out of my ear and not sneeze everywhere.

I have a post set for tomorrow that will explain all about having gluten-issues and finding safe alternatives, by the way.

Another thing that kept me going, and became a comfort food, uh drink has been Hot Cocoa. We all know how much I love my cocoa. Cocoa is warm, it’s tasty and it helped ease the sore throat from my allergies.

I don’t know where I would be if it weren’t for both cocoa and Benadryl. Both go hand in hand when everything flares.

But being away from my blog causes panic
With all these things flaring, I had to learn to step away from my blog. Not just because I couldn’t think but because I needed to relax. Relaxation and taking my mind off of making a daily blog post and finding something to focus on instead is part of my recovery.

But during the recovery process, I ended up getting nervous about not being able to blog.

It’s weird and almost strange that I needed to relax for a while, and take my time off of blogging, but the time away caused me more panic. I think it was Matthias from Dope or Nope that said it’s almost that social media and blogging, especially for us small bloggers, that causes almost a sense of family. I do count my followers on Instagram, Facebook, here, or anywhere as a family. I have yet to meet any of you guys but you’re so awesome.

Now that I’m back to blogging and hoping that I don’t have my illnesses derail me again, it feels great. I’m not as anxious anymore. So without further ado, I hope to be back more and hope to interact with all you amazing souls again.

No comments:

Post a Comment