Sunday, January 26, 2020

Why article generators don't work for bloggers.

It's one of those days that no matter what tip you've had for writer's block has seemed to put up another block in your way. As you're watching your text cursor, blink and blink, and blink, you come up with an idea, using an article generator, to create your next blog post! Yes, these things exist, and all you need to have is an idea and a keyword. I've been there and thought that maybe just using a blog post generator would make things easy. It won't! 

What exactly an article generator is

An article generator is an AI-based website, that allows you to type in a keyword or a string of keywords, which in then searches the internet for that keyword, and it creates a whole new article based upon your keywords. For example, if I wanted to write a blog post about bananas I could type banana's into the article generator and get two articles, "Kourtney Kardashian Shares Her "Comforting and Sweet Banana Bread Recipe," and "Niles police: Customer accused of throwing coffee, banana at employee". There you have it, two articles about bananas spit out in a matter of seconds! 

5 Reasons Why using an article generator won't work for bloggers 

So what's wrong with using one of these handy dandy little article generators to write your own blog posts, so you don't have to? All you have to do is copy and paste the article. Let's be serious, there are reasons why you really probably shouldn't be using the generator. 


  1. It takes time and is almost impossible to make the post seem like it wasn't spat out of a generator.
    I found an interesting article about all of the go-to generators online, even some of the story generators that I used, but the article even talked about article generators. The website  10web, said exactly what I was saying. It's impossible to make the content look at all human written.
  2. Because it doesn't look human written, blogs are missing individuality
    When I go to a blog, even my own blog, I want to be able to see some of the blogger's personality ooze through the post. All of my favorite bloggers have the ability to make their posts their own. Using a generator loses that love and individuality
  3. The loss of individuality causes a sea of almost exact posts online
    Let's imagine that I really loved the whole Kourtney Kardashian banana bread recipe, I used the article for my blog, but 50 other bloggers used the article for their blog because they too liked the article. As soon as I type in Kourtney Kardashian's name into Google, these 50 other blog posts pop up. What makes my blog any different from anybody else?  They all copy and pasted relatively the same thing.
  4. Why play with plagiarism? I actually stuck the whole banana bread article into Duplichecker to actually see how much plagiarism was done, while copying and pasting the article. Incase someone else wanted to use the article as-is. Dulpichecker told me that 67% of the article I posted was plagiarized! That's a huge percentage. I can't imagine what having more articles like this would do to a blogger's credibility.

    Tere are paid article generators that actually claim to eliminate plagiarism, who can actually be sure that they happen to be telling the truth? It's not really worth being sued for plagiarising an article on your blog, is it?
  5.  Why spend money on something you should already like to do?
    I didn't get into blogging to copy and paste articles, even if I wanted to, why would I want to charge a website anywhere from $5 a month to $40 a month, just to give me articles I can use? I'm not ready to charge any website $5 to rewrite an article on banana's when I could write something about banana's myself! 

How a blogger could actually use a generator to their advantage

I've already listed why someone shouldn't use an article generator and what a generator actually is, but what  I haven't talked about is how it can help someone be a better blogger because it actually can come in handy!

Remember how I said that you'll be lost in a sea of Kourtney Kardashian recipes if you searched google because someone got the recipe off of one of the article sites? Now you know not to write about banana bread and Kourtney or about the guy throwing a banana (even as funny as it sounds), any time soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment