Thursday, January 30, 2020

Why Califlower is cooler than you think

Can cauliflower be cooler than you think? I have always imagined it as a vegetable to dip in dressing or cook in a California blend, I never thought of cauliflower being such a versatile food. There are so many things that someone can do with it, and most of which I had no clue about. The gluten-free cauliflower recipes are endless! 


Cauliflower Pizza Crust
I bought the store-bought gluten-free cauliflower pizza before, and really enjoyed it. I never expected the recipe for pizza crust to be so easy. I may not even buy it at the store, after learning how easy it is to make the crust at home.
A cast iron skillet with a deep dish cauliflower crust pizza.
Sunkissed Kitchen

It can take the place of meat in recipes
You can use cauliflower in almost any recipe that you eat meat with. They have recipes for substituting cauliflower for almost any meat that you can think of, chicken, steak, and even beef! I’m gutsy enough to try something like a cauliflower burger or cauliflower steak!
Best Kung Pao Cauliflower with gluten-free rice noodles
Kung Pao Cauliflower from Ela Vegan 

You can substitute it for potatoes
Potatoes are a staple in my house, they’re the one food that’s cheap, gluten-free, and tastes great, but to come across recipes for cauliflower “potato” salad, or au gratin cauliflower, does sound a bit interesting. I don’t think I’ll ever let cauliflower take the place of potatoes, but trying it just to see how food it is, It sounds like an interesting experience.
tall stack of cauliflower hash browns with scallions
Cauliflower Fritters from Savory Tooth

You can use it as gnocchi
After I answered the question from earlier, I was tempted to see if gluten-free cauliflower gnocchi even existed. It does and boy does it look delicious! Almost to the point, I’m tempted to change my answer from yesterday.
This crispy & "cheesy" vegan cauliflower gnocchi recipe, made with just 4 ingredients in an air fryer, is an easy and delicious way to prepare Trader Joe's infamous cauliflower gnocchi. Gluten-free, dairy-free, and vegan.
Carrots n Cake

Cauliflower Stuffing
Last but not least, I saved the most interesting food for last. Cauliflower stuffing. I was trying to fit the stuffing into one of the other categories above, and I just couldn’t do it. Cauliflower stuffing happens to be in its own little field of its own.
This easy cauliflower stuffing recipe gives you the classic stuffing taste, yet it’s vegan, gluten-free, paleo, keto, and low carb!  Everyone at your Thanksgiving table will be about to enjoy this classic side with a twist! #lowcarbvegan #ketothanksgiving  #veganthanksgiving #dairyfreethanksgiving #thehiddenveggies
The Hiden Veggies

I guess I underestimated the little white vegetable, and may eventually be best friends with cauliflower. Just don't expect me to trade potatoes in for cauliflower, and I'm all good.

1 comment:

  1. If you're looking to burn fat then you have to start using this totally brand new custom keto diet.

    To produce this service, licensed nutritionists, fitness couches, and top chefs united to develop keto meal plans that are powerful, convenient, economically-efficient, and fun.

    From their first launch in early 2019, 100's of clients have already remodeled their body and health with the benefits a certified keto diet can give.

    Speaking of benefits: clicking this link, you'll discover 8 scientifically-tested ones given by the keto diet.

    ReplyDelete