Saturday, January 25, 2020

My review of Rise of Skywalker: Sorry, Luke, this not what the Star Warrs movie I was looking for

Who here has watched Rise of Skywalker, the latest and the last Star Wars movie? It was a few weeks ago when I went to watch the movie with my husband. I tried to let my thoughts about the movie pool weeks after watching it. I thought maybe my initial reactions would change. I even asked my husband what his opinions of the movie were, and he had the same reaction to the movie that I did.

man holding green and blue flashlights

Description of Movie
Experience the riveting conclusion of the landmark Skywalker saga, in which new legends will be born­ and the final battle for freedom is yet to come.

Summary of Movie
Finally, we get to find out what side Kylo Ren wants to be on, and we learn Rey's back story. Likeother Star Wars movies, there's a battle been good and bad, and people battling with lightsabers. We also learn Lord Palpatine isn't dead like we all thought he was. With the wheel of life spinning, what happens when it stops? This is the end of a movie series after all.

What I thought of the movie?
For the end of a well-known movie series, it didn't feel like it was put together properly, the whole movie left me staring at the screen at the movie theater with the most let down look I ever had. I never seen so much jumping around, even at a concert. I never saw a movie so rushed, and pieced together like a jigsaw puzzle that was missing pieces. That's exactly what happened during Rise of Skywalker.

I really wanted to like the movie. I wanted to give it a chance. It's why I waited a while before reviewing the movie. Maybe I was missing something, but I wasn't missing anything, except for the money that we spent on the movie, and the pop from the concession stand. 

My Final Words
Time doesn't really change what you feel about a movie most of the time. Your initial reaction to a movie should be all that there should always be. But, with a series as well known as Star Wars, I waited, and waited, just to realize I shouldn't have waited. This movie review was well overdue, and my feels are the same. I won't go back and watch the movie again, nor pay for it to be in the collection of movies. I just hope Carrie isn't rolling over in her grave with how badly put together the movie was. 


No comments:

Post a Comment