Monday, January 27, 2020

Here's a simple trick to help you write your own seasonal bucket list

I've been one to make bucket lists the last few seasons, not for others, but for myself. To remind myself that I can do anything I set my mind to and that having a list of things I want to do for a season, puts someone's mind into a positive place. We all need that positive place and things that make us feel accomplished. By the end of the day, I'm hoping everyone will have their own bucket list of things to do for the spring, or even for the rest of winter! 

The trick to creating your own bucket list, is to ask your self three questions. Yes, only three, and these three questions are pretty straight forward, but they do give you a full list of things that you want to do for the season, year or whatever time you have set aside for your bucket list.

Question 1: Is there something you dream about doing that you haven't done yet? 

We all have things that we want to do, that we haven't done. If I sign into my Pinterest at any given time, there's an idea, from a cake I want to try making, a craft that I want to try doing or it could be a language that I wanted to learn more. If you're stuck on things you want to do or that you dream of doing, no matter how insignificant it may seem right now, maybe something exciting that you've done all season long.
black click pen on notebook
unsplash

Question 2:  Is there something that you want to do that you've done before but don't do anymore? 

Even if life is worth trying new things, going back to the past can be fun as well. It's why I included building snowmen in the winter or running around barefoot in the summer. These are things that you loved before, and it's okay to love them once more. Make more of your favorite memories of the past.
brown wooden frame with quote
unsplash

Question 3: What little things make your life happy? 

It may not sound like a question for a bucket list, but hear me out, think about the things that make you happy, your family, your pets, reading, or even playing music. Putting stuff on your monthly, yearly seasonal bucket list related to things that make your life happy will make you feel better. For instance, if reading books to your children is what makes you happy. Maybe a bucket list item would be to take a trip to the library or write your own short story with your children. It makes you happy and it may spawn new ideas for your next bucket list. 

Once you know what makes you happy, what you haven't done and what you want to do, the list starts flowing, and because of that, you have a full bucket list for any season. Life is beautiful and if we set out to do things we wanted to do, or want to do again that make us happy, we know our life is everything we imagined it to be, despite the little hiccups along the way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment