Tuesday, February 26, 2019

10 Reasons to Try Glutino's Strawberry Breakfast Bar

Glutino


You know how I'm trying to reinvent myself and figure out what gluten-free foods to eat, and which ones I should completely ignore? It's what makes shopping at the grocery store a tough trip, I'm staring at almost everything wondering if I should take a leap of faith and try whatever it may be that I'm looking at.

My goal is to try one new gluten-free item a week, at least for a little while, to regain my love for food. That's if I have an appetite. The past week, I've had almost no appetite. Long story short, my thyroid is swollen, and acting like a butthead, so it's hard to find something soft enough to swallow and something that I actually want to eat. I was actually lucky enough to find Glutino's Strawberry Breakfast Bars at my local Meijer! Much to my surprise, they're pretty good.

Maybe you're looking for a reason or two to try the bars, or maybe you're a little bit nervous like I am. I get it. I don't blame you. I wouldn't pick up a breakfast bar blindly, or spend money on something I wasn't sure if I'd even enjoy. I picked my top 8 reasons to try the bars.

1. They taste good: Yeah, I'm one of those folks that usually give zero hope for trying something new. It's just how I am. I go into trying a new food thinking that I'll dislike whatever it is. I was proven wrong as soon as I took the first bite. It actually tastes like a strawberry.

2. They have fiber in them: Glutino Strawberry Cereal Bars have 3 grams of fiber (12% DV).  Your body needs fiber to increase the size and the bulk of your bowel movements (sorry for the TMI).

3. They don't look like they've been massacred: I've opened many cereal bars, protein bars, and breakfast bars that don't look pleasing to the eye. This breakfast bar resembles a pastry, and not a smushed colorless snack made from left over foods.

4. They're non-GMO: These are certified Non-GMO. These breakfast bars are one less item you have to worry about when it comes to genetically modified foods.

5. They're dye free: Yep, as someone who has a dye allergy, I get saddened by foods that still have food dyes as an ingredient! The red color in these bars are from the strawberries and the black carrot juice!

6. They're not that expensive compared to a lot of the other gluten-free stuff: I know I've said a lot of the certified gluten-free stuff isn't cheap, and that it's best to make your own foods. These bars are $4.85 a box at Walmart. A lot cheaper than a lot of the stuff they have on the shelves

7. They actually have other flavors if you don't like a strawberry: They also have the bars in Apple Cinnamon and Blueberry Acai. I've been craving blueberries like crazy! Now that I know the bars taste great, a flavor I try!

8. They're made out of real strawberries: Yes real strawberries, it's even listed as the 3rd ingredient, in the list! It also has apple powder and white grape juice as well.

9. It's Powered by Ganeden 30: Ganden 30 is a probiotic that can boost protein consumption, improve muscle health, support a healthy gut.
Prevention

10. They'd taste great in a breakfast bowl or any other recipe you might want to come up with: Maybe you don't want to eat the bar alone and feel that it's a boring breakfast. I'm pretty sure if you added the bar to a breakfast bowl! Perhaps adding it to a bowl with vanilla almond milk and some actual almonds could work! I guess there's only one way to find out! To the kitchen!

No comments:

Post a Comment