Thursday, February 21, 2019

10 Mouth Watering Vegetarian and Gluten Free Desserts

Since I went gluten-free, finding gluten sweets has been crazy, the stuff in the gluten-free section of the store is so expensive, and half the time the sweets taste bland and boring like there's something missing. And I admit it...I love sweets, I have a huge sweet tooth. That's why I'm so thankful for the internet! There are people who have the same problems I do, who cook better than I do, and come up with some pretty good recipes will make my mouth water.

With that said, I turned to my good old friend Pinterest. It's a great place to find recipes for things I haven't thought of trying. These are ten of the many recipes that make my mouth water, by looking at the photos themselves. 

10. Flourless Chocolate Avacado Mug Cake
I love mug cakes! Don't you? You don't have to share your snack with anyone if you don't want to! What's even cooler is this mug cake requires zero flour! Gluten-free flour is hard to get used to! It satisfies chocolate cravings and gives you some added plant-based protein. 
overhead photo of a spoon dipping into the mug cake
Kirbie Cravings
No, your eyes aren't deceiving you, these are the coconut almond bars of your fantasies and they're also no bake! Yum! What I really like about this recipe is that it actually suggests substitutions for different ingredients!
front view of one no-bake coconut almond bar with two in the background
Joy Food Sunshine
One thing I'm always craving, especially before my migraines are donuts! Imagine my excitement, when I came across this recipe for cinnamon sugar pumpkin donuts! I can indulge in my migraine cravings and still be gluten-free! 
a serving of cinnamon sugar pumpkin donuts
Allergylicious
Do you know what you get when you combine the love for chocolate, peanut butter, and cookies together? Do you even want to know? Texan Erin knows!  You get indulgent peanut butter chocolate chip cookie dough bites. I suggest making more than one batch, one batch for you now and one batch for you later. 
The Original Grain-free Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bites - no white sugar, no oil, no flour! So gooey, simple and delicious! With a surprise ingredient (vegan, gluten-free, and dairy-free)
Texan Erin
Love Reese's Cups but hate the calories and the fact that they're unhealthy? I know how it is, I understand. That's why these cups are a healthier and still as tasty alternative to your favorite candy sweet treat.  
Nadia's Healthy Kitchen
If I had to pick between a muffin and a cupcake, I'd pick a muffin! Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins are one of my favorite kind of muffins right after blueberry muffins! This recipe is going to be one that I'm going to tape to my fridge, so I have it accessible at all times.
Gluten-Free Vegan Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins
Rhian's Recipes
4. Gluten Free Apple Pie
I've never made a pie before, but I'm willing to try. It doesn't look that hard to do and this recipe is yelling at me while I'm looking at the photos! I'm sure the pie tastes as great as it looks. The thought of adding some dairy-free, gluten-free ice cream to the mix sounds like heaven. 
A slice of a gluten free vegan pie on a white plate with a fork and an apple behind it.
The Hidden Veggies
3. Chocolate Cupcakes With Salted Caramel Frosting
Just because I choose muffins over cupcakes doesn't mean that I don't like cupcakes. Because I love cupcakes too, I HAD to include a cupcake to the list. This cupcake is exactly that! A tasty little morsel of goodness, with a salted caramel frosting! Caramel is one of my weaknesses. 
Flippin Delicious

2. Chewy, Fudgey, Vegan-Double-Choc Brownie
All dessert lists should have a good brownie recipe! Seriously! Vegan lists, gluten-free lists! All lists! So here's a brownie recipe! It covers all the bases as well! And they're even fudgy! Cool huh? 
Best ever chewy, gooey, vegan, gluten-free brownie. Made using doTERRA essential oil and love
The Whole Daily
Peanut butter cookies have been my favorite cookies since I was old enough to have cookies. My second cookie in line would be peanut blossoms, whoever thought of adding a Hershey's Kiss to the to a peanut butter cookie was a genius! 
Front view of two Almond Butter Blossom Cookies stacked on each other, one with a bite taken out with a pile of cookies in the background
Joy Food Sunshine


No comments:

Post a Comment