Thursday, February 21, 2019

Tag Thursday: Food Tag, be warned it's extra yummy

One thing I've noticed since I went gluten-free, I've introduced some new alternatives to my diet along with figuring out what I don't have to change. It happened when I went vegetarian and it's happening again now that I'm gluten-free. Gluten-free oatmeal and peanut butter, are literally lifesavers for me. There's so much that you can do with oatmeal! Like mix-and-match breakfast bowls! 

Because I have to reinvent the way I look at food, I figured there would be no better way than to do a Food Tag. I found this one on YouTube many of times, I can't verify the source so if the original owner wants to take claim to the tag, let me know and I'll credit you, but until then, this tag will be uncredited. 

1. What food could you eat every day?
Peanut butter, there's so much you can do with it, put it on bread, put it in cookies, or even eat it straight from the jar! Like my mom has always said, if you run out of peanut butter, you have no food. 

2. What's your favorite restaurant?
I have yet to find a favorite restaurant now that I've gone gluten-free. A lot of restaurants aren't safe because of cross-contamination. But, hopefully soon, I'll be able to find a place around the area that caters to both vegetarians and gluten-free folks.

3. What city has the best food you've ever had?
I haven't traveled much, I really can't say from personal experience what the city has had the best food I've ever had. 

4. What do you get on your sub?Vegetables, if there's an option to have some gluten-free meatless "meats" I would choose those if I could.

5. What do you get on your pizza? 
I haven't found a good vegetarian gluten free pizza yet. But before I went gluten-free my favorite pizza at Pizza Hut was cheese free, with bbq sauce, red onions, roma tomatoes, spinach, and green peppers.  

Amy's Pizza 
6. Is there a food you've always wanted to try? 
Sorghum 

7. Tell me about your worse restaurant experience. 
It was years ago, when I ate meat occasionally, I ordered a chicken sandwich from McDonald's, and ended up getting salmonella from it.  It was so painful, I was in tears every time I had to go to the bathroom. 


8. Who's a better cook; your mom or dad? 
My dad's dead, he's not cooking anymore. But even when he was alive, my mom was a better cook. I don't remember my dad actually cooking anything, most of his food was microwavable or something like mac and cheese.

9. What is one food you just fail at making? 
Fudge, both peanut butter and regular vegan fudge. I've tried and every time I've done it, the fudge ends up being too watery. 

10. Name your least favorite foods 
Asparagus, olives, mushrooms, and cranberries.

11. Raw or cooked veggies? 
I can't choose. I love veggies a lot. 


12. How do you like your steak? 
I don't eat steak. 

13. Do you enjoy cooking or baking better? 
Baking, I love sweets.

14. What's your fav fast food place? 
It used to be Taco Bell.

15. Name a food place you wish was closer to you 
I can't think of any.

16. Ultimate fav desert! 
Gluten-free, peanut butter and hemp cookies. 

17. What food do you gravitate more towards at a party or get together? 
Get-togethers.

18. Favourite food to eat at Christmas? 
Anything with potatoes. 

19. What's the first food that comes to mind... NOW? 
Pasta

20. Do you have any weird food habits? 
I don't think I do. 

21. What holiday is your favourite for food? 
Christmas/

22. What's one food you would NEVER try? 
Anything that's been mentioned on Good Mythical Morning. You know, fish eyes goat hearts, crayons. Stuff normal people wouldn't eat. 

23. Do you know your best friends favourite food? 
Nope.

24. What's the best thing your mom makes? 
Before I went vegetarian, it was her chicken noodle soup. That stuff is awesome. 

25. What's your favourite style of eggs: Scrambled, boiled, poached, over easy or sunny side up? 
I hardly ever eat eggs, I prefer to stay vegan.

26. Name your favourite restaurant that closed down 
It was a little local restaurant when I was a kid. It was a breakfast place. 

27. Do you like your bread toasted light or dark? 
Lightly toasted


28. Do you like spicy foods? 
Some days I do, other's I don't, it really depends on the mood that I'm in.

29. Seafood? 
Never really liked seafood. 

30. First food that comes to mind that is green?
Lettuce

No comments:

Post a Comment