Monday, December 3, 2018

Count Down to Christmas: My favorite book: Santa Mouse




In only 22 days, Santa Mouse will be putting a present in your tree! Don't tell me that Santa Mouse isn't real. He's real and I'm sure of it! Everybody needs a cute little helper, someone who will share cheese with them! That's why Santa made Santa Mouse an honorary teeny tiny, Santa Claus!


About Santa Mouse

Santa Mouse was written in 1966 by Michael Brown, and illustrated by Elfrieda De Witt! It's a timeless classic about a mouse who gives Santa a Christmas present, and in return Santa gives the little mouse with no name, a small Santa Claus uniform, and he becomes Santa Mouse.  Santa Mouse helps Santa with all of his journies by putting a small present in the tree. 

Santa Mouse is both available three separate books, Santa Mouse, Santa Mouse Where Are You?, and Santa Mouse Meets Marmaduke or you get the whole compilation in one book. The book I had while growing up (and still have) is the compilation. 
1989? Seriously?! I was only 2 1/2 when the book came
out. 

Why It's My Favorite Christmas Book


Santa Mouse is one of my favorite books about Christmas time. It reminds me that little acts of kindness go a long way. It's taught me no matter how little you are, you can still amount to a lot. This is coming from someone who's short and small.

The craziest thing about this books how much I loved the book. I don't see how I couldn't  It was my favorite book as a kid, even when it wasn't Christmas time, I would love cuddling with my Santa Mouse Plush and hearing the story of Santa Mouse! Mice are so adorable, and it's even more adorable when they're wearing Santa suits.

Where to find the Book

The only places I've actually seen the book sold are Amazon, eBay, and Barnes and Noble online. I actually read somewhere that you can't find it in the stores anymore. I can't guarantee that they'd have the full book or the stories separately, but at least there are places you can still get the book if you're at all interested. 

The Bottom Line

Santa Mouse is a tradition and a classic character. I don't know where I'd be without him. Even if he may not be real. I do think the notion of Santa having a mouse as a helper is a great idea. Everyone should have the heart of little Santa Mouse around Christmas. 

No comments:

Post a Comment