Thursday, December 13, 2018

Tag Thursday: Christmas Style


It's time for Tag Thursday, the day where I let some of my creative juices flow into a puddle on the floor. I haven't done one in ages and it's Christmas time! That means I'm doing an extra special Christmas tag! The tag was created by The Enthusiast, all credit goes to her!

1. What is your favorite Christmas film?
My favorite Christmas movie has to be Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer. Even when it wasn't Christmas I'd ask my mom to watch Rudolph. These were the days when we only had one TV in the house and I couldn't understand why my mom wasn't as happy to watch Rudolph as I was.


2. Have you ever had a White Christmas?
Many years. I lived in the midwest United States for my whole life. There have been years when I had a white Christmas.

3. Where do you usually spend your holiday?
Usually at home, or at my husband's parents or grandparents that live in the same town. It's nowhere special or far away, unfortunately. I'm not a fan of being far away from the house anyway.

4. What is your favorite Christmas song?
Walking in a Winter Wonderland. Both the melody and the lyrics merge together nicely when it comes to Winder Wonderland. In all honesty, I don't think I could possibly pick out my favorite version of the song. I like all of them.


5. Do you open any presents on Christmas Eve?
Only if it's from a family member and the family member is around, then I'll open a present, but most of the time I wait until Christmas. It's what my family used to do, and it's what I do.

6. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer?
I can, but the only way I can remember them is to cheat. I start singing Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer and start listing the reindeer, "You know Dasher, and Dancer," you know that song. Yes, I can name all the reindeer, Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, and Blitzen. Oh and Rudolph. Yeah, I think I got all of them. Does he have any more that aren't famous that I forgot?

7. What holiday traditions are you looking forward to most this year?
I really don't have any particularly that I'm looking forward to this year.

8. Is your Christmas tree real or fake?
We have a fake tree. They're cheaper and can be bought after Christmas for pretty cheap. Plus, I'm not a fan of stepping on tons of little tiny pine needles. That's painful!

9. What is your all-time favorite holiday food/sweet treat?
Peanut Butter Blossoms.


10. Be honest: do you like giving gifts or receiving gifts better?
I like giving more than getting. I love seeing smiles on people's faces when they open their present.

11. What is the best Christmas gift you’ve ever received?
My pet frog Johnny, my "Grow a Frog." I got Johnny when I was probably a little older than 9 from my uncle's girlfriend. You sent away for an African Clawed Frog and got a tadpole in the mail about 6 weeks later. The time that I got Johnny, was a bit cold and they didn't think that a tadpole would survive so they sent a juvenile frog to me instead. Johnny lived for 7 years! He was a really cool pet and an awesome Christmas present!
Image result for african clawed frog
Wikipedia
12. What would be your dream place to visit for the holiday season?
Good question! It's not really a particular place that I want to visit, it's more of a location. I love winter photos with mountains in the background. I would love to actually see a mountain covered in snow up close, in real life.

13. Are you a pro-present wrapper, or do you fail miserably?
I'm pretty awful at it. I can't even wrap a box without asking for help, or nearly mutilating the box. I'm probably not the kind of person you'd want to wrap your presents.

14. Most memorable Holiday moment?
My most memorable has to be one of the worst holiday moments. It was the holiday that my family had carbon monoxide poisoning when I was a child. It was Christmas break and I was in 2nd grade. I remember being sick and really sleepy. I then remember my family staying over at my grandparent's place just so they could get the heater fixed. The gas company felt bad for us because we didn't have a tree yet and bought one for us.

15. When did you realize the truth about Santa?
I was in 4th grade. I had no clue that Santa didn't exist until a teacher told our whole 4th-grade class. I was eventually going to figure out that he didn't exist, but finding out that way wasn't the way I would have wanted to find out. 

16. Do you make New Year's resolutions? Do you stick to them?
I don't make any, mainly because I know I won't stick to them. I'm not going to make a resolution and not live up to it.

17. What makes the holidays special for you?
My family and the little things that happen. When I talk about little thing's its stuff like Toys 4 Tots and community agencies that help people who wouldn't be able to get something for their kids for Christmas. That is what makes the holidays special.

No comments:

Post a Comment