Monday, December 10, 2018

My top 8 Books about Christmas


Whether I'm 5 or 5000, there's always room in my heart for Christmas books. It's been one of my favorite things about Christmas. Curling up somewhere warm, while reading about people whose hearts are filled with warmth. Except for the Grinch, his heart was filled with cold, it was also thought that his heart was two sizes too small.

But enough of me, what are some of your favorite stories or favorite books about Christmas? Is it weird that I even have favorites and could even compile my favorites into a list? I guess that depends on who you ask!

8. Deck the Halls by Mary Higgins Clark and Carol Higgins Clark

I was in middle school when a teacher read this book to the class. When I thought about writing this blog post, this was one of those books that I knew I had to add. It's not every day when you read a book about a kidnapping around Christmas time!
Deck the Halls (Holiday Classics) by [Clark, Mary Higgins, Clark, Carol Higgins]
Amazon

7. Baby's First Christmas by Esther Wilkin

Baby's First Christmas excited me, to see all of the things that the baby got for Christmas, made me happy. Even if I personally didn't get beads, a truck or even a toy boat for Christmas. But it wasn't the story that captivated me as much as the pictures did. The photos are so beautiful.
Amazon

6.  The Mitten by Jan Brett

The Mitten isn't about Christmas as much as it is about sharing and caring. We should care about others all the time. But it always makes me think about how we should care about other's when Christmas is near.
The Mitten by [Brett, Jan]
Amazon

5. Jingle Bells by Kathleen N Nye

Even if Jingle Bells wasn't originally written to be a Christmas song, this book made me believe that it was. It also made me want to ride a one-horse open sleigh with a raccoon, an ostrich, a bear and oh and of course Santa! That would be loads of fun!
Jingle Bells (Little Golden Book) by [Daly, Kathleen N.]
Amazon

4. Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer Shines Again by Darrell Baker

I didn't mean to have a flood of Golden Books when it came to Christmas books! It's just how I was raised, I did, and still do love Golden Books, and the Christmas Golden Books were read many times when I was a child, even when it wasn't Christmas. When I got too old to read them on my own, I read them to my sister or brother. Now the tradition still continues!
Amazon

3. How the Grinch Stole Christmas by Dr. Suess

Yeah, some might say that my heart is two sizes too small when it comes to Christmas and Christmas movies. But what they don't know is that I really love Christmas, and love the holidays, it's not too small. It's just right. The only difference is that I really don't verbalize my love for Christmas like other people do.
Image result for How the Grinch Stole Christmas!
wikipedia


2. Santa Mouse by Michael Brown

I know I mentioned this book just the other day, but it is one of my favorite Christmas books. This mouse isn't stirring though, it's celebrating Christmas, and helping Santa! Santa Mouse is adorable. Is Santa Mouse even real? He's so small, nobody would even notice him crawling up their Christmas trees!
Amazon

1. A Christma Carol by Charles Dickens

I don't think the books or TV show's versions of a Christmas Carol are as good as the book. The original is a classic and even if I was forced to read it in school, I love reading the story over and over again on my own accord!
Image result for A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens
Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment